Lullaby

Wanda had been very tired the last few days. The twins were having trouble sleeping, it was the stage where their first teeth were coming in, so they were in a lot of pain. Wanda tried not to wake you up during the night, she did most of it alone, even though you insisted on helping her.

Today was no different. When the baby monitor rang, you heard Tommy's cry, you got up already thinking how to help the twins. Your wife rubbed her hand over her face and sat up a little. She made mention of getting up, but you held her hand.

" Don't get up - I'll do it. " You said, leaning over and kissing her forehead. "Get some rest."

Wanda seemed to agree and lay down again. You got up, made your way to the twins' room. Billy seemed to be sleeping peacefully, but Tommy seemed to be in a lot of pain from the way he was moving his arms. You leaned over and carefully picked up Tommy and laid him in your arms. Touching your son's skin, you used your power to draw his pain to yourself. For you the pain was nothing, but you knew that for him, it was immense pain.

Slowly, you saw him relaxing in your arms, but you heard a noise and noticed Billy waking up as well. You smiled and leaned over, taking Billy in your arms as well, walked over to an armchair in the room and sat down. You placed the babies on your lap and began to sing.

When you fall asleep

With your head upon my shoulder

When you're in my arms

But you've gone somewhere deeper

Tommy let out a soft yawn, and raised his little hand, trying to touch your face. You smiled and saw Billy do the same. You leaned over and both of them touched your face.

Are you going to age with grace?

Are you going to age without mistakes?

Are you going to age with grace?

Only to wake up and hide your face?

Wanda heard your voice over the baby monitor and smiled widely. Even though her body begged her to lie down, she got up and walked to the room. She leaned on the door and felt her eyes fill with tears as she saw the interaction with the babies.

When oblivion

Is calling out your name

You always take it further

Then I ever can

When the two babies were asleep, you carefully got up and laid them each down in their respective cribs. You turned away silently, and when you noticed Wanda, you made a serious face that made her laugh softly.

"I thought I told you to stay in bed." You moved closer, and took her in your lap, making her laugh again.

" But I want to hear you sing." Wanda leaned her head on your shoulder and intertwined her arms around your neck as you led her into the bedroom. "I saw them with you, the way they touched you."

You just smiled and laid her down on the bed as you reached your room. Wanda pulled you in, laying you down beside her. You brought your hand to her face, caressing it, as she closed her eyes to feel your touch,

" I don't want to forget this moment. "