Indigo ⇴

Barton's farm was the perfect place for Wanda to recover. When Clint offered, you took her there yourself. Wanda needed a quiet place where she could put her thoughts in place. A place where there would be no judgments, only shelter, and Clint and Laura could do that. Clint didn't judge Wanda for her choices, he blamed himself for not helping her when she needed it most. Even though you were a government agent, you knew there would be a problem maintaining a relationship with her, but you didn't care. You visited her every week, always taking 2-3 days to be with her. You had been together for 9 months, you cared for her and looked after her like no other. Wanda felt safe and happy with you around.

Winter was Wanda's favorite time of year, and Barton's family had traditions that made her even happier. When the snow started to take over the farm, Wanda made sure to send pictures to you, she loved the snow, because the snow reminded her of her brother. It was a melancholic feeling of nostalgia that made her feel alive. You had decided to propose one night while you were sleeping with her. Deep down, you knew that there was a part of Wanda that would always belong to Vision and the events of Westview, but you could give her the love and peace she deserved. A love that would make her feel at peace with herself.

With the help of Lila, Kate and Laura, you prepared a place, filled with various flowers of the red colors, Wanda's favorite. You just prayed that the snow wouldn't ruin everything. When you called her to walk around the farm, Wanda knew that you were planning something. She could feel your mind spinning with thoughts, and noticed on your face a trace of anxiety. You were a good agent, but you couldn't disguise your feelings around her.

The two of you walked side by side, your fingers intertwined, and sometimes you told her a bad joke just so you could hear her laugh. Wanda didn't take long to notice, from a distance, the big red heart in the snow, made by flowers. She could feel her own heart racing, making her look at you sideways. You kept a smile on your face as you approached the spot.

"Dragostea, what is it?" Wanda said softly, just for you.

You said nothing, just led her to the center of the heart of flowers.

"I never saw myself in this situation, but here I am." You didn't know if you were feeling cold from the snow, or from the anxiety that was growing in your body. "I always wondered, how could a person dream of spending their life with someone? I never believed it until I met you, Wanda." Your heart raced in your chest, causing tears in your eyes to appear. "Just when my story seemed complete, you came along and my life turned 360°. You are the fifty of my fifty, and now everything smells and tastes better."

Wanda, with tears in her eyes, wrapped her arms around the back of your neck. She had a small smile on her lip. A smile that hid the emotion of the words you said.

"Every time I see you, I shiver like a flan, even after all this time." You said making Wanda laugh. "I already have a thousand plans to do with you, I promise every day to wake you up with a kiss, I want to have you every day very close to me." When the first tear ran down Wanda's face, you promptly brought your hand up to her face, caressing and wiping the tear away with your thumb. "Because you have arrived in my life, the true love of my life. I asked the universe for this, but you were better than I expected." You closed your eyes and leaned your forehead against Wanda's, you let out the breath you didn't know you were holding. "I know I'm not Vision, and I can't even bring Tommy and Billy back, but if you give me the chance I can make you happy. Will you marry me?"

Wanda let out a sob, but cracked a smile, she held your face in her hands and kissed your lips. A kiss that said more than words could describe, you smiled between the kiss and wrapped your arms around her waist, bringing her body closer to yours. She stopped the kiss, to look you in the eyes. She placed her hand on your chest, to feel your heart, then with a smile on her face she replied.

"I do."