Why Me, When There Are Millions in This World?

A day off after 4 months of relentless training was all Wanda needed. She had made plans to lie around all day to enjoy her favorite sitcoms. Little does she know that you were behind her day off, you begged Steve so she could get some rest and threatened all the other Avengers who wanted to interrupt her day. But that wasn't the only thing you did for her. You did the shopping for the month, for the avengers, and you gave up your wish list so that you could buy a few things. You bought some DVDs of old sitcoms with unlimited editions. And with Natasha's help, you found a Sokovian candy store in one of Manhattan's neighborhoods and bought half the candy so you could give it to Wanda. When you were satisfied, you made a basket and used one of your robots to deliver it to you. Ricochet, it was a flying robot, you called it a Tony Stark substitute. You programmed the robot to deliver the basket through Wanda's window and it did.

You were anxious and only calmed down when Ricochet returned, with a piece of paper stuck in one of his arms. "Rick, what is this?" You asked the robot, but knew he wouldn't answer, since you didn't put an AI on it. You picked up the paper and noticed that there was a note. 'A company is always welcome.' You jumped up victoriously with a wide smile

"So the gifts worked." Natasha's voice from your side made you let out a yell and punch Ricochet unintentionally. "Geez, sorry." she said, letting out a laugh.

"You're worse than Vision, he at least announces that he is coming." You made a serious face that made Natasha continue to laugh. As you lifted Ricochet, she noticed the paper in your hand and was able to read what was there.

"She's calling you to watch with her." Natasha sat down in a chair and watched you, she noticed you mumble something. "What? Isn't that what you wanted?"

You programmed Ricochet to go back to your lab and sat down next to Natasha as you watched the robot fade from view. "I feel dumb about the shows jokes."

"Y/N, you are the upgraded version of Tony." Natasha said and you laughed.

"It's just that I don't really understand some jokes." You looked down at your hands, which possessed some robot grease. "It's very cold there too."

Natasha didn't answer you, she just stood up and with a single movement pulled you out of the chair and onto your feet. She held your arms, gave you a look, which you affectionately called a 'death warning', and said in a commanding tone, "You will clean yourself up, change your clothes and go to her room immediately, if I see you wandering anywhere..."

"Okay, okay, I get it." You said swallowing a lump from your throat and letting out a nervous laugh.

Before she could threaten you again you ran to your room. You noticed that your clothes had grease on them and made a mental note to check the Ricochet later because it was not a good sign. You changed into a pair of shorts and a band t-shirt. You washed your hands of the grease and looked in the mirror. You noticed that your scar on your eyebrow was smaller. 'Shit, focus'. You thought. You took a deep breath and made your way to Wanda's room.

Your rooms were close enough so that it took less than a minute, and when you stopped at the door, it opened by itself. She was sitting on the floor, propped up on the foot of the bed, she felt your gaze but didn't turn to you, she tapped the floor next to her to sit down and so you did. You noticed that the basket you gave her was open, there were some candy wrappers on the floor next to her, one of the DVDs was open and was next to the TV, you concluded that the episode that was playing was new.

"Your thoughts are noisy today." Wanda whispered, getting your attention, before you could apologize, she smiled and turned to you. "That only happens when you are anxious."

You turned to her, bringing your thumb up to her face to wipe the corner of her lip that had some candy on it. You returned your thumb to your mouth to taste it. "It 's very good."

"You're baffling." She bit her lip to control the smile that threatened to grow on her face. "Why are you anxious?"

"Since Tony's party when you kissed me I've been thinking about you a lot, which is nothing new. I even wrote down a line that Sam taught me to say to you and it goes like this: you must be an engineer, because you made a perfect bridge between your mouth and mine...." You continued to speak, but Wanda didn't seem to care, she let out a giggle looking at you with admiration. "...because if it were up to me, I wouldn't have had the courage, to have given you the kiss, that somehow changed my life."

You concluded pulling in a breath, feeling your cheeks burn with embarrassment at so much information you released to Wanda.

"You know, Sam taught me something too." She said letting out a laugh. "You must be a surgeon, because you healed my chest of the pain I had and fixed my heart without leaving a wound."

You took your cue and brought your hand to the back of Wanda's neck, pulling her into a kiss. She returned the kiss by sitting on your lap to be closer to you. She brought her hands up to your face, holding it close to hers, while your hand went from the back of her neck down to her waist. You were afraid to cross her boundaries, so you ended the kiss with a brief bite on her lower lip. Wanda smiled and rested her forehead against yours, still not opening her eyes, just enjoying the caress you involuntarily began to make on her waist.

"Tell me why me, when there are millions in this world? Why me, when you have so many options?" You whispered brushing your lips over Wanda's, who was caressing your face.

"Because I know you gave up your list for the month to buy the series I like. You bought Sokovian candy, which I know you only have in Manhattan. Because you're here in shorts and a blouse while the A/C in here is freezing." She kissed your lips briefly and opened her eyes to look at you. "You know all my flaws and yet you see me with different eyes. You trust me. And you make me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world."

You felt your cheeks burn, and could have sworn they were redder than usual. "You forgot to mention that I'm your number one fan and I have the best jokes."

Wanda just agreed and kissed you again, putting into the kiss all the devotion she felt for you.