Half-Moon 〰

When you met Wanda, something in you said that you were sure something was going to happen between you. She didn't make a good impression with the Avengers, and neither did you. The difference is that you didn't do anything against their lives, unlike her. For this reason, she didn't seem to show any willingness to talk to other people. For fear of hurting them. On the other hand, you also made a bad impression, in your first mission you almost caused your death and the death of 11 innocent civilians.

Charmed by her beauty, you decided to approach her, to make conversation and to know more about her. You had something in common: the avengers' anger towards you, maybe not all of them. Natasha was the first who approached you and soon became your best friend and support at all times. Clint was the first person who approached Wanda, he soon became a father figure to the little witch and treated her like a daughter.

Natasha noticed, right away, your interest in Wanda, and promised to help you. Even though you didn't ask her to do this. On the other side, Clint noticed that Wanda could not take her eyes off you. Even though you never realized it, she followed you with her gaze all over the compound, watching you in training sessions and in meeting rooms.

It was then, one night, that Natasha and Clint decided to get together for a chat, and realized that they were both helping two people who had no idea that they were liking each other. Then Natasha put a plan into practice, she would have you go on a blind date, you wouldn't know who the person across the table was until you met.

That catastrophic date was the beginning of everything. It turned out that you had both been waiting for this moment to happen for many, many months, and when it did, it was just an affirmation of feelings, and after that night you never left each other again. You spent long months until you made a relationship official, a relationship that lasted for many years. Sometimes you were jealous of Vision's sudden interest in Wanda, not that you cared, after all he was a toaster. At the end of the night, Wanda would make a point of telling you that she only belonged to you.

It was in this way, in one night, where you had lost sleep, watching Wanda sleep beside you, that you were sure you wanted to spend every day with her. You were sure, with every touch, every word, every look you got from her, that she would be the person responsible for making you happy for the rest of your days. And as much as you didn't listen through her words, you knew that you were the person for her too.

You never had examples of very happy couples around you. Maybe after joining the Avengers you were a little inspired by Tony's happiness with Pepper, but your parents, for example, were not a perfect couple, and it held you back a little from thinking about sharing your life with someone. Marriage for you was a very difficult word, a word you couldn't pronounce, you were afraid to wake up one day next to a person who had the realization that you were not the person for them, and the next day you would wake up alone.

Insecurity and fear held you back over and over again, nights that you thought about asking for Wanda's hand in marriage. As much as you knew that she was different from all the other people you knew, part of you was still afraid of being left behind.

Clint was sitting in front of the kitchen counter when you came over to get a glass of water. He could tell that you were not okay, because you didn't call him 'bird boy' as soon as you walked past him, he as a good SHIELD spy noticed that you were a little shaky too.

"Is everything okay?"

You turned to him, and with your look he could already tell that something was indeed wrong. So you sat down across from him at the counter, left the glass of water on the counter, and looked at him.

"How did you know that Laura was the one for you?" you asked without looking at him, your eye remained on the glass in front of you. "Were you afraid that one day she would regret it?"