Wanda ⧫

You saw, on the other side of the room, the person you called your love a few years ago. She saw you looking at her, but quickly looked away. You made up your mind that her voice was different. You wonder if you could treat her cordially without calling her 'love'. She was on a spirited conversation with Peter, you would understand if she never mentioned you two to him.

"All right, Y/N?" Tony said putting a hand on your shoulder, so you just affirmed with your head and gave your best smile.

You still remember, when she had to go, she told you not to wait for her, but how could you do that if your heart belonged to her? You believe that she has forgotten everything that you have lived through together, but you knew you couldn't say that because she still looked at you from the corner at times.

It's as if you hadn't realized everything, that the two of you wouldn't work out, that this was not your destiny. The love you gave her would not be enough to overshadow the connection she had with Vision. You watched her slip through your fingers.

"Hey, let's go?" Strange called out, and you followed him. He walked you to your room, making sure you were safe; after all, he was your mentor. He was pleased to see you lying on the bed and left.

All those years, you dreamed of her, you searched the crowds for her face, but you couldn't find it. The absence suffocated you, missing her was a privilege. You found in magic, a relief from that pain, which threatened to appear in your eyes. You wanted to feel her beside you again, to see her in your room or take her somewhere you went together. But you knew that some people just weren't born to be together.