The Letter ⇏

The sun was already setting on that Saturday afternoon, Wanda's hands were trembling, because it was the day of her long-awaited wedding. She had dreamed of this day since she was a child. Every detail she had planned for 5 years, and there she was, waiting for the wedding planner to call. She was waiting to marry her best friend, you.

Three knocks on the door resounded throughout the room, her heart racing as she saw her brother enter the room.

"You look so beautiful." He let out a long sigh as he approached Wanda. His eyes flooded with tears. "Papa would be so proud of you." Pietro wrapped his arms around Wanda's waist hugging her.

Losing their parents was the strongest pain the two had ever felt, and it was the main reason the two had grown close. Not every Hydra experiment had a stronger pain than the emptiness the two felt.

Pietro slowly walked away, handing a letter into Wanda's hands. It was his father's handwriting.

"Y/N, Vision and I, traveled after the battle of ultron to where our home was. I found this in the drawer of Papa's old room. It was in the emergency box." He let out a sob and walked away crying.

Wanda stood there, unresponsive.

Oleg and Irina were the best parents Wanda could ever ask for. Even during the civil war in their country, they made sure to keep their children distracted from seeing the horror of war. Oleg had a small emergency box, where he would leave letters, notes, pictures and money. Wanda never imagined that such a box could have remained whole in the midst of the explosion.

Wanda looked at the letter in hand, running her thumb over it. There were a few dents, some dust and ashes. Wanda sighed heavily trying to stop a tear from falling, even though she hadn't even started to read. She opened the letter gently and even with tears in my eyes, she began to read.

"Dorogaya dochka, if you are reading this letter it is because I have left,

As the father of two incredible children, I find it my duty to write this letter for you to read.

I remember when I first picked you up, a little baby so small and so beautiful that I could barely hold you in my arms.

You didn't cry when you came into my arms, in fact you smiled. The doctors thought it was funny because they had never seen such a beautiful baby.

Don't let Pietro know that.

Your first steps were the hardest, you never stood for more than 15 seconds, you were always waving your hands and losing your balance. Your mother ran around, worried to death that you had hurt yourself. But you just sat there and laughed.

You grew up, with a pure heart, full of love and care, for your mother and me, and for your brother. I couldn't be more proud.

Daughter, I know I won't be there on your wedding day, I know I won't see your kids. But I want you to enjoy every second with your partner, enjoy this marriage and every little thing your partner does for you.

Take care of your children, but let them live their lives. Live for them, but live for you.

My daughter was not raised to be stuck at home, she was raised to take over the world. And thank God I didn't do this, what kind of father would I be if I didn't let my daughter get into trouble and learn from it?

So, my daughter, take over every bit of this world, or your world. I will be watching your every conquest.

I am very proud of you and your brother.

I love you more than anything.

Love,

Papa."

"I love you too, Papa, more than anything." Wanda said with a struggle.

The tears in her eyes were already uncontrollable, she couldn't hold them back. The images of her parents in her head, which were once clear, now became a blur. Wanda hugged the letter to her body. Her crying didn't let her realize that you had entered the room, she only realized when your arms wrapped around her in a hug. Wanda's cry was not one of pain, it was one of liberation.

There, with that letter from her father and with your embrace, the pain in her chest that had been present for so long became peace. You were the peace Wanda needed in the face of her war.