Verse 1

Y/N Your Name ✧ H/C Hair Colour ✧ H/L Hair Length ✧ S/C Skin Colour ✧ E/C Eye Colour ✧

F/C Favourite Colour ✧ Age 20 ✧

Since the story is set in Yokohama, Japan, I plan to use Japanese honorifics in this story. They are used as a way to be polite or show respect, a lack of one shows a lack of respect or closeness to another.

✧ [name]-San Title denoting respect used among equals of any age, equivalent to miss or mr ✧

✧ [name]-Chan Used to express fondness for a person, used mainly for young girls, close friends or lovers ✧ 

 ✧ [name]-Kun Almost exclusively used for younger males, usually by older males  ✧

✧      ✧      ✧      ✧      ✧

3 months ago (Age 19)

For several years, you lived in Kyoto. Nevertheless, just a simple letter changed all of this. Just a few hours ago, you had crammed everything you could into a suitcase and departed for Yokohama. You were now seated on the train, listlessly staring out the window as the train halted to a complete stop at the station. You stand up while patting down your pastel blue kimono adorned with white chrysanthemums and tied with a plain white obi belt with a large bow at the back. After exiting the station, you soon felt the soft chilly breeze of late winter brushing through your H/L H/C hair which was left untied. As you walk, you can hear the bustling of the streets and the sound of your flat geta sandals with every step you take. It had been several years since you had been in Yokohama: however, you knew exactly where to go.

Some time passes, and you suddenly stop facing what looks to be a two-floor apartment which had a total of 6 doors. With a key in hand, you open one of the doors and walk inside. However, before parading through the apartment, you remove your shoes and leave them near the door: as you thought it would be rude to dirty the floor. The room inside was a simple traditional Japanese home with tatami mats and sliding doors. You stroll around as if looking for something in particular, nothing in the kitchen or the main room, just a round low table and 2 Japanese floor cushions on either side of the table. You notice a large bottle of sake and 2 sake cups on the table and softly chuckle in amusement. Walking over, you notice a small pawn chess piece on the pillow. Picking it up you sit on the cushion facing the door while placing your suitcase beside you. A white pawn, it was old and had a few cracks but regardless, you decided to put it into your suitcase.

Not much time had passed until you heard the sound of the front door opening and a loud but cheerful hello ring out. A tone you didn't expect, especially from such a person as Dazai. He had short, dark brown hair and narrow dark brown eyes. His bangs framed his face, while some gathered at the centre of his forehead. He's tall and slim in terms of physique. He's wearing a long sand-coloured trench coat, the belt of which is left untied. Under it is a black vest over a striped dress shirt that is light blue in hue. He's had a bolo tie, held by a brown ribbon and a turquoise opal pendant. He was also wearing beige pants and dark brown shoes. And has bandages wrapped around the majority of his body; the bandages themselves did not surprise you; what did was that his right eye was no longer bandaged. "My, my, I suppose it was high time you got a new look Dazai," I joked as he sat down with a playful grin. "I suppose you have a good reason to drag me all the way into your new place: other than to drink?" you sarcastically ask, pouring some of the sake into both cups, starting with his cup. However, instead of getting your desired answer, he merrily grins at you while raising his cup. Sighing in defeat, you lift your cup into the air, "I suppose a good drink is in order first," you admit, knowing you wouldn't win.