Verse 6

It's been 2 days since Mori requested to see you and Chuuya. So at last it's the night of your first mission. Yesterday you had been allowed to do as you wished, yet you knew you'd be watched. So you enjoyed the day as any person would, visiting some of the sights of Yokohama.

Sighing deep in thought: you look at your reflection in the mirror and wonder if such an outfit would work. You were wearing a dark red off-shoulder dress that fell to your ankles and had a slit down its side. You put on whatever heels you thought would best suit the dress. However, when it came to the new hairpin you had received, you weren't so sure. After thinking deeply about it, you decide against it and leave it in a drawer.

Making your way downstairs towards the front door, you take a moment to look around, and you had to admit it was painfully obvious how expensive most things were. You were residing in Chuuya's house after all, and he was an executive.

And there he was impatiently waiting on the couch, cigarette in mouth and with his usual frown. "Now, don't you look dashing, Mr Executive," you mention, looking at him with a playful smile. "Shut it," he grumbles, refusing to even look in your direction until you sit opposite him. He had a blood-red shirt underneath a black vest, black pants, low-arch shoes, and his usual choker and gloves. However, he didn't seem to be wearing his hat for once, and the shirt had a couple of buttons undone.

While the man was short in stature, even you had to admit, he was good-looking, not that you would tell him such a thing. Putting one leg over the other, you look at him playfully, smiling at him once again. "What exactly is today's mission about, Nakahara?" you ask him, still refusing to use honorifics with him due to your lack of respect towards him, as he keeps frowning at you, more so at the outfit you had on. "The one holding this stupid party is suspected of betraying the Mafia, we need to find information to confirm this," he explains, finally finishing his cigarette and standing up. He looks down at you for a moment; but instantly looks away, mumbling something under his breath. Standing up, you follow after him making your way outside; you find yourself looking at a bright red motorcycle in front of you. "Hmm, who would have thought you had such an amazing ride," you admit, not realising you were staring at it a little too long.

As he gets on, he smirks at you, "get on," he orders, and you do exactly that. As soon as you manage to get on, you instinctively wrap your arms around his body to ensure you stay on the bike. However, what you didn't realise; was that you were a bit too close for Chuuya's comfort; your chest area was pressing against him due to how close you were to him, which naturally made the male a little flustered, not that you knew. However, if you did, you were sure to tease him further anyway.

After a while, you both arrived outside the large mansion, holding the overly extravagant party that screams over the top. "Make sure you don't fuck up," Chuuya complains, yet again refusing to look at you, this time for a different reason. "Oh, but this is where I shine, N-" you start to say, yet he covers your mouth. "Use a different name," he growls under his breath. "Fine, fine, will Niwa work?" you ask, sighing as you slowly walk towards the front doors. Yet your question never receives an answer as something feels amiss, and both of you notice it straight away. For such an extravagant party which happened to be holding a black market event, there were no guards outside or even music. "Now isn't this interesting," you comment, seeming amused, while the shorty mafioso beside you didn't seem to share the same opinion. "Let's see what's all the fuss is about then," you tell him, walking ahead without a care in the world.

After all, there wasn't much to worry about when you had him along.

Against Chuuya's orders, you had continued deeper into the building; while losing him in the process, and now you're aimlessly wandering the eerily quiet mansion. Ruffling your hair, you start to become frustrated at the maze of a building that was this mansion; at this rate, it'll be nigh impossible to make yourself useful on this mission, all because you had become a little too eager, all because it had been a while since you had a thrilling job.

Until, at last, you began to hear voices coming from behind a door; it was a start. Softly leaning against the wall, you stood there trying to listen into the conversation. "Boss, why are we doing this; we don't stand a chance against a Port Mafia executive!?" a male cries out, clearly against whatever plan his boss has. "Patience boy, we cannot ruin this golden opportunity, he might be an executive, but he is alone, just like our informat disclosed," the older gentleman replies. It seems a traitor within the Mafia was leaking information; however, the details happen to be outdated, as here you stand. "B-but boss-" the younger male attempts to say yet gets interrupted. "Enough, be quiet, unless you wish the executive to hear, he will be arriving soon," he orders, and all is quiet once more within the room. Naturally, you figured it was high time for a poor helpless drunken woman to stumble into the room by chance. 

Coincidentally, you happen to come across a wine cellar; naturally, you 'borrowed' a bottle or 2, you had hoped to save them, but it seems they're very much needed now. Chugged the first bottle, you start to feel your face become flushed from the alcohol and tightly hold onto the other unopened bottle before slamming the doors open. "This, uh, doesn't look like the r-right room," you exclaim, surprising both males to see a drunken woman before them. You were far from drunk; your tolerance was too high for a bottle to bother you. "W-where's the handsome fella I was t-talking to..." you complain, stumbling into the room as if the room was spinning for you. "J-just who are you, young miss!?" the older gentleman stammers, clearly confounded by your sudden appearance. "I wush so suure he'd be around here," you claim, looking around pretending to be all confused as you frowned. However, after hearing such news, the older gentleman's confusion soon turns into a want to take advantage of the new opportunity that has appeared before him. Glancing at the younger male, he seems to know what he wants and leaves the room, then closes the doors behind him. "Ah, but don't you recognise me?" he asks, giving you a furtive smile and walking towards you with open arms. Exactly the outcome you had hoped for. "Oh, I'm ever so glad I've found you," you playfully respond, walking towards him with the bottle still in hand.

Only once you place a hand on him and coldly smile; does he finally realise. He had fucked up.

Just like how you had entered, you had left slamming the doors open, bottle in hand, but this time with a new doll. The noise startles the male waiting outside: as he almost jumps out of his skin. "Huh, you're still here," you commented as he stared at you in horror. "W-what happened to the boss!?" he yells out, yet continues to look as if he'll run at any moment. "Hmm, oh him, naturally that little executive wasn't alone," you confess, and he looks at you in pure terror. "You're in luck, come with me, and you can stay in one piece," you tell him, expecting him to run, not that you wanted to make chase after getting lost for long. "O-okay..." he timidly replies, a response you hardly expected; you smile, obviously pleased with the answer regardless.

The both of you exit the building with the help of the male as you had hoped to find Chuuya; instead, you hear noisy crashing sounds followed by Chuuya's yelling. "It seems mr executive is at least having his fun," you sigh, ruffling your hair, somewhat jealous that your experience was far duller. "A-aren't you going to help h-him?" he asks, still scared of you. "Oh, but why would I ruin the man's fun; he's hardly someone I can assist," you reply, as you both watch as the building begins to crumble and slowly become nothing but a pile of rubble. "That didn't take much time; I'd recommend you run now; he's hardly as nice as I am," you add, as he panics and does exactly that. Of course, as soon as Chuuya notices someone running away, he races in that direction and catches him without effort. "Just in time, mr executive," you call out and glares as soon as he lays eyes on you. "What the fuck have you been doing; their boss got away!" he yells, storming towards you, clearly not noticing the doll in your hand. "Oh but has he?" you ask, holding up what's in your hand, and he realises as soon as he sees it. "It seems they were aware of your arrival, not mine, and planned to kill you off as a warning to the Port Mafia," you explain as he grabs the doll out of your hand. "Ah, and I can't forgot the wine I picked up; from his prized cellar," you add, smirking as his frown soon disappears. "Give me that!" he orders, seizing the bottle from you and looking at it.

"I happened to hear from Kouyou which wines you enjoyed, so naturally I borrowed this one," you comment, shrugging, hoping such a peace offering would work on the cautious mafioso.

He simply smirked.

✧     ✧     ✧     ✧     ✧

Apologies for the late chapter, seems I've had quite the writer's block as of late, but here it is at last. Hopefully, the next one won't take nearly as long to write, and as always I do hope you enjoyed this chapter.