fifteen

fifteen

1 week later

~ Vanessa ~

"Are you ready?" The nurse asks me and I suck in a breath looking up at Nathan and he nods down at me. I nod back at the nurse and she leans down, gently placing our little girl in my arms. I feel my eyes welling up and Nathan is too. "She looks just like you, Nath" I laugh softly and I hear him chuckle from behind. She really does, she has his bright green orbs and the cutest button nose which Nathan is well known for having.

"Have you got a name for her yet?" The nurse asks with a smile and I look back down at my baby girl. "What do you think, Nathan?" I question as he's drawing circles into my shoulder. "There's so many to choose from" He chuckles. I look down at her again, really scanning all of her features, every detail. "How about, Melody?" I suggest and Nathan watches her closely. "Melody, I like it a lot" He nods. "How about, Melody Jane Sykes?" I say and Nathan smiles pressing a kiss to my head.

"It suits her, our little Melody."

"I'll get the birth certificate sorted for you guys" The nurse spoke before leaving the room. "Do you want to hold her?" I ask Nathan and he nods with a wide grin. He bends down whilst I lay her in his arms before he stands back up and rocks her slowly in his arms. "This is so.. Surreal, she's really ours" He breathes. "I know" I chuckle licking my dry lips. "You went through everything, the nausea, the ultrasounds, having a c-section" Nathan takes a seat beside me. "I can't tell you how grateful I am. You're so amazing" He presses a soft kiss to my lips.

"Everything that I went through may have been tough, Nathan, but I don't regret a thing. Because look at us, everything's perfect. We have our gorgeous baby girl and we have each other" I explain. "Our lives couldn't be better right now" Nathan nods. "We're gonna make it work this time, Nessa. Nothing and nobody can tear us apart" He grabs hand and I return a reassuring smile.

*****

"She's a cutie" My dad says whilst looking down at Melody over Karen's shoulder. "I just can't believe it. She's the spitting image of you, Nath. She looks just like you when you was a baby" Karen grins from ear to ear as everybody is catching a glance of her. We were able to bring her home today, and everybody is here to meet her.

"That poor kid" Max jokes and Nathan pouts which makes me laugh.

"And we're all so happy you two are official again" Jay adds and everybody agrees. Nathan looks at me smiling and I return it, pecking his nose. The door opens and Tom barges in holding a plastic bag containing beers, bottles of Coke, vodka and nibbles. "I've got everything, what times the game starting?" He questions and Siva looks up at the clock. "About five minutes, go get some bowls for the food.." He tells Tom and everybody is rushing around to prepare for the football game.

"Babe?" Nathan clasps my hand making me look at him.

"Yeah"

"Can I have a word with you? In private?" He licks his lips and I furrow my eyebrows nodding and we exit the living room and we continue the conversation in the kitchen. "What's up babe?" I question and he pulls an envelope out from his trouser pocket.

"What's this?" I frown when he hands it to me.

"Open it" He is surpress ing a smile.

I rip the top open and I pull out the papers, reading carefully. It dawns on me and I slowly look back up at Nathan.

"Tickets to Paris?" I gasp and he nods grinning widely. "For me, you and Melody. Remember when we agreed we'd escape somewhere for a holiday for a while? Well here you go. We're booked to fly there in two weeks time, so we have enough time with our baby girl before we fly" He explains and I squeal jumping into his arms and wrapping my legs around his torso. He chuckles holding me with his muscular arms.

"I really love you so much, Nathan Sykes" I tell him.

"I love you too, Vanessa Green" He pecks my forehead.

I hop down from his torso just on que we hear Tom's voice shouting, "C'mon love birds, the game's about to start!"

Nathan and I chuckle and we walk back into the living room hand in hand. We sit down and my sprawl my legs across Nathan's lap and he places his hands on top of them obviously not caring. He knows I always do it. I'm in my own thoughts when I quickly gasp making Nathan look over at me with a concerned frown.

"We haven't told the fans about the baby or anything.." I tell him with worried eyes.

"Don't worry about that, we can make an announcement on twitter, at least they'll know. It doesn't matter what other people think. I love you, Vanessa Green, only you" Nathan reassures me lacing his hand with mine and I breathe out a small sigh of relief nodding. "Thanks babe."

We all cheer and chat during the game and soon it's finished and the boys and the girls have all left now leaving just Dad, Karen, Jess, Nathan, Melody and myself in the house.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are"

I sing quietly as I'm sitting on the end of mine and Nathan's bed holding my precious Melody in my arms. Her eyes are delicately closed and she is snuggled into my chest warmly. I notice Nathan standing in the doorway, he's been watching us the entire time. He strolls in and takes a seat beside me. He dips down and gently presses a kiss to Melody's head. I smile, laying her tiny sleeping body down in the Moses basket beside our bed. I tuck her in with a cute pink knitted blanket.

Standing up, I tiptoe around the room, changing out of today's clothes into my tank top and shorts which I usually wear for bed. I turn around to see Nathan has already stripped down into his boxers and is climbing into bed. I switch the light off before joining him and I feel his strong arm go around my waist, pulling me closer to his body so my back is against his chest.

"Nathan?"

He hums in response.

"I really have missed you," I admit and I feel him kissing my hair and I can tell he's smiling. "I've missed you too, baby."