twenty one

twenty one

~ Vanessa ~

"Babe, I'm home!" Nathan calls followed by the noise of the front door slamming shut. I hum along to the radio before feeling two strong arms wrap around my waist. "Something smells good" Nathan breathes on my neck sending beautiful shivers down my back. I smile turning around in his arms and pecking his nose.

"Well I figured I'd get used to the kitchen so I've baked some pumpkin cookies and that banoffee cream pie you love" I smile with my arms wrapped around his neck and my fingers play with the hairs at the back of his neck. "I don't deserve you" He nudges his nose against mine. "Hmm, I think you do" I hum before he grins and places his lips on mine. They mould perfectly, moving in perfect sync and I tangle my hands through his locks.

The sound of Melody crying through the baby monitor stops us from continuing any further. Nathan pouts making me giggle and I kiss his sweet lips once more before heading upstairs. Nathan and I moved into the new house yesterday and I'm still getting used to the place. It just feels so big and perfect, and it's all ours.

"Hey hey, now then what's all that noise?" I coo scooping Melody out of her cot. I bounce her in my arms before I carry her downstairs. "Look here's daddy" I say as I enter the kitchen again. "Hey Melly" Nathan grins. "Should I get her a bottle?"

"Yeah I think she's hungry" I reply and he nods preparing Melody's milk. Once it's ready, I end up in the living room on the sofa snuggled up between Nathan's legs whilst I feed Mel.

"What do you wanna do for dinner tonight?" Nathan asks curiously.

"Up to you babe" I reply. "I was thinking.. Chinese" I smirk knowing that Chinese is his favourite takeaway.

He grins and presses his lips against my cheek. Once Melody has nodded off from her feed, I lay her in her Moses basket and Nathan and I order the Chinese. We literally order everything, sweet and sour chicken, prawn crackers, chicken chow mein. I put on the notebook and when I return to the sofa, Nathan pulls me by my waist onto his lap so I'm sitting sideways and I snuggle my face into his warm chest.

"How was the meeting?" I ask.

"Yeah it was interesting" Nathan answers.

"What was it about?"

"Well.. I was going to tell you tomorrow but I guess now is fine. Me and the boys are going on tour again next year" Nathan explains. "What?" I inhale sharply. "Well that's amazing news."

"You're not mad? Or upset?" Nathan furrows his eyebrows.

"Why would I be? It's going to be a great experience for you and the lads, I'm just going to miss you a lot that's all" I admit. "How about you come with me?" He suggests. "What?" I frown. "You and Melly come with us. We can be together that way" He tells me.

"And what if management say no?"

"They won't, babe. Don't worry" He kisses my cheek and we continue watching the film. Halfway through the food arrives and we devour it together. Nathan carries Melody up to her cot in our bedroom and I clear up all of our mess before joining them. I undress and slip into my pyjamas before shuffling under the duvet to get comfortable with Nathan.

"I can't wait to marry you" Nathan whispers before we both drop off into a deep slumber.

*****

"Babe, what about this one?" Nathan says pointing to the pictures in the booklet.

We are currently going through books to find the perfect outdoor venue for our wedding. So far we haven't found anything that really catches our eye. I lean over Nathan's shoulder and I glance down at the pictures. Luscious fresh green grass, lots of blooming flowers and there is even a small country cottage for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready in. It is perfect!