seventeen

seventeen

~ Vanessa ~

I yawn smacking the alarm clock off and Nathan groans waking up beside me. "Time to get ready for Paris" I rub my eyes and Nathan breaks into a tired grin. "I can't wait. Just me, you and Melody in Paris. It's going to be perfect, I promise baby" He wraps his arms around my waist from behind. "I know" I smile kissing the corner of his mouth before climbing out of bed. In case you are wondering, no we haven't moved into the new house just yet. We can, whenever we're ready, but we wanted to be with my dad and Karen and Jess until we're used to being parents.

"Babe would you mind getting Melody ready? I need to double check her luggage" I ask him and he nods smiling and I watch him lean over Melody's Moses basket. Meanwhile I check we have everything we need for our little girl and the both of us and I pick out some comfortable clothes for the flight. I pull on some black leggings, a white t-shirt with a large skull on the front and some combat boots. I wear a few nice necklaces and I manage to curl my hair a little in time.

"I'll take our bags downstairs, you grab Melly" Nathan instructs and I nod before watching him disappear. Melly is a nickname for Melody we've been using recently. It's cute and suits her a lot so we tend to call her that. I hear my phone buzz on the bedside table and I grab it, opening a new message from an unknown number with furrowed eyebrows.

I'm back. Remember me? The person who tried to kill you? Yeah, you think you can get away from me by running off to Paris with lover boy and that baby of yours? Think again, because I'm going nowhere. And soon you'll be mine forever.

I try to steady my breathing as I clamp my hand over my mouth. I feel my insides tightening and I feel utterly alone and unaware of what to do next. I don't want to tell Nathan, because he's in such a good mood and I love seeing him happy. But then I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Is this even real? Is this a prank? Who the fuck is this messed up monster?

I quickly delete the message and I shove my phone into my back pocket, lifting Melody up out of the basket who is now fully dressed and wide awake and I head downstairs. We say an early goodbye to Karen, Dad and Jess before our car takes us to the airport. The flight was fine, Nathan and I took turns holding Melody, Nathan made sure we had a private jet since we had our baby girl with us.

We have just arrived at our hotel in the beautiful Paris and the view is honestly amazing. I squeal wrapping my arms around Nathan's neck and kissing him passionately. "This is amazing, thank you so much" I tell him and he grins kissing my forehead. "This is nothing yet babe, just wait" He winks. I pout making him laugh and I peck his button nose.

"I love you so so much" I tell him.

"Not as much as I love you" He shakes his head and I giggle following his actions. "Nope. Not as much as me."

Melody's wailing interrupts me from sending Nathan another comeback and I chuckle. "You're lucky" I poke his chest before kissing him once more and seeing to Melody. "Shh, it's alright baby. Mummy's here" I hush cuddling her against my chest so her head is on my shoulder. I bounce her up and down lightly and she giggles quietly. Over my shoulder, she looks at her daddy with her big green eyes.

"Hi, cutie pie!" Nathan kisses her soft head and strokes her chubby cheeks. "I was thinking maybe I could take you girls out for breakfast today?" He suggests and I smile brightly before it fades. "But.. What if there's paps? Nobody knows about me and you never mind our daughter-" I ramble on and Nathan stops me by smashing his lips onto mine. I sigh and he pulls away with that soft click. "I don't care what people think and you shouldn't either. Like I said last time, I can announce it on twitter, now if you want to? So everybody is aware before it comes out properly in public. As long as we have each other we'll be okay. I promise" He explains.