He's got a Type

I knock on the door to Romans room after calling at the café. I hear Paul from the other side telling me to come in.

"Here you go" I wink at Paul as i hand him a vanilla slice. "Thankyou" he smiles back and goes back to sit on the sofa. 

"Has Roman gone on?" I address his absence 

"Yeah, left just a minute ago, he should be on the screen in couple minutes" He says as he gestures to the TV at the end of the room

I take a seat on the sofa opposite Paul and greedily take a bite out of the vanilla slice i had to get for myself after seeing how good they looked at the counter. I wash it down with a sip of a much needed coffee and go to get my laptop out of my bag. "Did he get a chance to look over his schedule for the week?" I ask as i log in.

"Yes he did he actually wanted to talk about the early finish on Wednesday. Just wants to know what happened to the rest of the day?"

"Oh well Tory called from the photography company and said that they are going to have to reschedule due to some equipment issues and poor planning on their end, she apologised alot but i said its fine and hes booked for next week instead now. She actually mentioned getting you down there as well if your available?" I ask eagerly

"Oh well of course id love to, ill get back to you about my schedule. Do u have a date and time set yet?"

"No not yet i said i would give her a call back on the Monday when i have the weeks schedule in front of me to arrange a date that works for us all. Just let me know by Monday afternoon if you can so i can give her an answer" I smile at him and take another bite from the Vanilla slice.

Paul leaned forward and sat on the edge of the sofa "Koi" he says in a serious yet endearing way

"yeah?" i reply confused at the sudden shift in atmosphere 

"I know Roman can be quite rude and cold, majority of the time even, and he sometimes says things that can be... hurtful, but hes a good man. When he cares for someone he will put them above anything. Ive known him since he was a baby, hes had a hard life." He pauses and looks down at the floor. "I know that working with him and having to be with him everyday can be challenging, i know u sacrificed a lot for this job, moved to an entirely new country even. And i just want to let you know in case he hasn't told you yet. Your doing an amazing job. And he genuinely does like you and appreciate all your doing for him. And so do I" He smiled at me and gave me a little nod to let me know hes done talking.

I don't know when i became so emotional but my eyes began to water. He was right, it is very difficult to work with Roman and i did sacrifice a lot for this position. It feels so amazing to have someone recognise that and tell you that you're doing a good job. I've been a PA before to some well known people and the job is extremely demanding with little to no recognition the majority of the time. I wasn't planning on taking on another job but when my friend told me about this opening she spent a week convincing me to take it.

"Paul you don't know how much that means to me honestly. Thank you" I wipe my eyes before i actually begin toc cry. "Sorry i don't mean to get so emotional but it has been tough moving out here alone and working with someone that can be quite a challenge"

"A challenge is one way of putting it" He jokes to help lighten the mood and i laugh along with him. Before either of us can say anything else Roman comes onto the TV screen.

The shoot was an interview on an extremely popular WWE podcast/show. It started out from humble beginnings, just two guys talking about WWE together in a set up in their home, but their popularity grew until it is what it is today. Now they have regular guests and get to interview the top WWE stars. Its nice to see peoples dreams and passions flourish.