Epilogue

There is no more despair and death in Middle Earth. Only peace exists. Aragorn, well, King Elessar is a favourite King among the people of Gondor. In fact, he is talked about all throughout the land.

The last time I saw the King was a year ago. At the time, I just came back from visiting the Glittering Caves with Gimli and Legolas. It was so beautiful and unlike anything I had ever seen before.

Seeing Aragorn enjoying his life made me happier. He was holding his newborn son, with Awren beaming by his side. All the troubles and sorrow Aragorn used to have were washed away for good. He wished me luck with what was to come and I gave him one last smile.

As I now wait by the shore, a more recent memory comes into mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"You are really leaving then.", Legolas says with hidden emotion.

He stops wandering though the forest of Mirkwood and faces me.

"I am going.", I repeat.

"This does not come as a great surprise" he says, "I already know the answer, but why?"

"I miss them, Legolas. My ada and Haldir." my voice starts to tremble, "Gi melin, Legolas, with my entire soul. But I miss them so much. It hurts."
(Father.  I love you.)

"I know that.", Legolas wipes a fallen tear away from my cheek.

"I was going to explain all this sooner." I begin, "Even Gimli knew before you. I said goodbye to him and Eowyn. She told me that she loves Faramir, and that they agreed to let Thalion roam around in Rohan. Everything was planned out. Except telling you."

"Amber", he starts, giving a half-hearted smile, "I do wish you told me sooner, but what has been done is done."

"This is not okay, I should have told you.", I insist.

Sensing a fight, Legolas shakes his head, followed by a weak laugh.

"Do you know what Thrandriul said to me after the Battle of the Five Armies?", Legolas asks.

"Man?", I say curious.
(What)

"He said, 'Legolas your mother loved you more than anything. More than life.' That is exactly how I feel about you, Amber."

Legolas looks away, his blue eyes full of sadness. Placing both of my hands on his face, I make him look directly at me.

"If what you say is true, I need you to live your life. Travel with Gimli and maybe see Tauriel after all those years." I tell him softly, "Make Middle Earth better and live. This is not the end, Legolas. Say that you will survive without me, like I know you can."

"Amber, I promise I will continue." he says, taking my hands in his,"If I did not, I know you would kill me."

I smile slightly as I slip my mithril tree pendant into his hand.

"Tessa sina, Legolas Greenleaf. Giving a necklace has already been done, but keep it." I say, "As long as you have it I will be with you, and you will be with me."
(Hold on to it)

"Do you not think the sea has called to me as well? I will not go with you but someday we will meet again, Amber Light.", Legolas promises.

Since words fail me, I do the only thing I can think of. I start to kiss Legolas. He kisses back with such love and hope. It is now that I realize how true Legolas's promise is.