Chapter 1

After hours of riding we reach the end of a forest. The tower of Isengard peaks over the trees. I then hear laughter; hobbit laughter. My heart lifts up slightly, knowing Merry and Pippin are unharmed.

"A mug of ale in my hand, putting my feet up after a hard days work.", Pippin says, completely at ease.

"Only, you've never done a hard days work.", Merry says grinning.

When we are in front of the crumbled gates the two hobbits sit on, Pippin nudges Merry to get up.

"Welcome, my Lords and Lady to Isengard!", Merry says excitedly, throwing his arms up in effect.

I have to admit that the sight is impressive. Destroyed rocks, water flooding the front and desolation all around. It gives me some estel knowing the power of Orthanc is gone.

"You young rascals!" Gimli says bewildered, "A merry chase you've led us on, and now we find you feasting and... and smoking!"

"We are sitting on the field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts." Pippin rubs in, his words slurred a bit, "The salted pork is particularly good."

"Salted pork?", Gimli says in awe.

"Hobbits...", I hear Mithrandir mutter.

"We're under orders from Treebeard, who's taken over management of Isengard.", Merry explains.

We enter more into Orthanc and near the Tower of Isengard. The group then sees a giant, ancient tree striding toward us. An ent. This must be the Treebeard that Merry was speaking about.

"Young master Gandalf, I'm glad you've come.", Treebeard says in a slow, rumbling, deep voice.

Young? Last time I checked Gandalf was over 2000 years old. I see where Treebeard is coming from though. Ents were in Middle Earth when it was just starting out, if the myths I heard are true. Mithrandir probably isn't even a quarter of Treebeards age.

"Wood and water, stark and stone I can master." the ent says, "But there's a wizard to manage here, locked in his tower."

"Show yourself!", Aragorn demands Saruman, on edge.

"Be careful." Gandalf warns, "Even in defeat Saruman is dangerous."

"Then let's just have his head and be done with it.", Gimli growls in anger.

"No, we need him alive." Mithrandir protests, "We need him to talk."

As if hearing us, Saruman comes into view at the top of the tower.

"You have fought many wars and slain many men, Theoden King, and made peace afterward." Saruman shouts from above, "Can we not take council together, as we once did, my old friend? Can we not have peace, you and I?"

"We shall have peace. We shall have peace... when you answer for the burning of the westfold, and the children that lie dead there." Theoden roars, not listening to Saruman's words, "We shall have peace, when the lives of soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead, are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet for the sport of your own crows... we will have peace."

"What do you want Gandalf Greyhame?" Saruman pays no attention to the Kings speech, "Let me guess: the key of Orthanc, or perhaps the key of Barad-dûr itself, along with the crowns of the seven kings and the rod of the five wizards!"

"Your treachery has already cost many lives. Thousands more are at risk, but you could save them Saruman. You were deep in the enemy's council.", Gandalf tries.

"So you have come here for information." Saruman realizes, drawing a glowing sphere from his robes, "I have some for you. Something festers in the heart of Middle Earth. Something that you have failed to see. But the Great Eye has seen it. His attack will come soon. You're going to die."

Mithrandir rides forward on Shadowfax, as Saruman sneers at Aragorn and continues to speak.

"But you know this, don't you Gandalf. You cannot think that this Ranger will ever sit upon the throne of Gondor. This exhile, crept from the shadow, will never be crowned king."

"Dina wethrinaer." I shout back, "No one cares what you have to say, we all know what you've done! Your words are nothing to us!"
(Be silent deceitful one)

"Amber, uuma dela about him. He just wants a reaction.", Legolas warns.
(Don't worry)

Aragorn shoots me a look to back Legolas up, and for me to keep quiet.

"Is it your plan to talk everyone to death? Cause I think it's working.", I say back.

Saruman gives me a mocking wink and speaks more.

"Gandalf does not hesitate to sacrifice those closest to him. Tell me... what words of comfort did you give the halfling before you sent him to his doom? The path that you have set him on can only lead to death."

"I've heard enough." Gimli says to Legolas, "Shoot him. Stick an arrow in his gob."

"Gimli, I have never agreed more with you. Ndengina ho Legolas.", I tell them.
(Kill him)

As Legolas is about to fire, he is stopped by Mithrandir.

"No. Come down Saruman, and your life will be spared."

"Save your pity and your mercy; I have no use for it!", Saruman bellows, pointing his staff at Gandalf.

A fireball heads straight for Mithrandir and Shadowfax, wrapping them in flames. The fire dies, showing that they both were unaffected.

"Saruman, your staff is broken.", Mithrandir states.

On the word broken, Saruman's staff shatters and breaks. Then a figure comes out from Saruman's shadow, revealing Grima.

"You need not follow him Grima. You were not always as you are now. You were once a man of Rohan! Come down.", King Theoden gives him a chance.

"A man of Rohan?" Saruman snarls, "What is the house of Rohan but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and rats roll on the floor with the dogs? Victory at Helms Deep does not belong to you, Theoden, horsemaster!"

"Grima, come down." Theoden ignores Saruman yet again, "Be free of him."

"Free? He will never be free.", Saruman taunts.

Suddenly Grima whips out a dagger and attacks Saruman.

"I will not be held prisoner here!", Grima declares, stabbing Saruman in the back twice.

Then an arrow flies, hitting Grima who falls dead. I see Legolas holding his bow. Saruman falls off the tower, a spoke of a wheel now sticking through his chest.

The large wheel drags his body under the water. Something orb like splashes in. That turn of events was definitely gruesome yet weird. At least Sarurman and all his power is gone for good.

"Send word to all our allies, and to every corner of Middle Earth that still stands free." Gandalf begins, "The enemy moves against us. We need to know where he will strike."

---------------------------------------

Estel: Hope

Dina wethrinaer: Be silent deceitful one

Uuma dela: Don't worry

Ndengina ho: Kill him

So the first chapter of Lothlorien Elf and the Return of the King! Thanks for @MaryamLilyAuriella for helping me with the title and staying so far with this story and thanks @Norah1212 for encouraging me to update sooner :)

~Talia Spirit