Chapter 7

Walking through a dull, lifeless pathway, a murky green shadow lurks behind me. When I turn back again, it vanishes. I continue to walk forward. For what's ahead, I do not know . I just find myself being drawn forward.

To the side I see something. A dead body. I run over to it and find there are two. My ada and Boromir. I kneel beside them both. There is nothing I can do but stare into the blank faces.

"Amin hiraetha." I say as I get up, "I wasn't there to save you both. I have failed."
(I'm sorry)

I take a deep breath and move on.

"Amber!" a voice says in the distance, "Nae saian luume."
(It has been to long)

The figure reveals itself to be Haldir. I sprint over and hug him.

"Cormamin lindua ele lle, Haldir."
(My heart sings to see thee)

"You do not know how much I hated being away from you.", he says.

"Wait." I grow uneasy, "This isn't right. Your supposed to be dead."

"What are you talking about?" he asks confused, "Do you want me to be dead?"

"No I do not! It's just that I saw you die at Helm's Deep.", I explain.

"I don't understand what your saying Amber."

"Mi van me?", I ask urgently.
(Where are we)

"Uuma dela, voronwer." he soothes, "Everything is ok."
(Don't worry, loyal one)

"That is not an answer to my question!" I try to get him on track, "All of this is not ok. Something is wrong."

Haldir must finally sense what I feel in the atmosphere, for he stiffens.

"Amber, rima ten' ta!" he orders, "Drego! We are not alone. G-"
(Run for it. Flee)

A sword sticks through his chest, the whole blade covered in blood. His eyes widen in shock. I stand there and watch as the Uruk-hai jerks the sword out.

"Edraith enni!", Haldir chokes out, coughing up blood.
(Save me)

I reach for my bow but it's not there. My sword and dagger are missing as well. Weapon-less, I do the only thing I can, which is charging at the Uruk. I duck as the heavy sword swings above my head, and he manages to trip me. I fall back and roll out of the way as the sword comes to strike again.

Lunging at him once I'm back on my feet, the blade pierces my side. I crash back to the ground, hard. Desperately I try to get up and even scream, but find myself frozen. The Uruk towers over me and points the iron blade directly over my heart.

"Oh no, she-elf! I'm not going to kill you yet. What would be the fun in that?!" it taunts in it's growling voice,"First your going to watch the other elf die and then I'll kill you slowly. That sounds like a plan. Up now!"

He grabs my torso and forcefully pulls me up. The cold blade digs slightly against my neck. Each time I struggle and gasp for air, the sword cuts deeper. Haldir is sprawled across the ground, clutching his chest. He drags himself a little closer and looks at me. Tears stream down my eyes as he drops and doesn't move again.

But it is not over. I see Gimli, Aragorn, Mithranir, Legolas, Eowyn, the hobbits and even my mother all lying dead with Haldir. The Uruk throws me to the ground. I turn to him to beg this to stop, but the Uruk-hai is gone. Instead an ominous, shadowy green figure floats above me.

"The dead rule here.", it hisses

It drives a see-through blade into my heart in one clean movement.

My eyes flash open and I sit up instantly. A scream is trapped in my throat. My fingers find my Mithril pendent, and the cool touch brings me back to reality. We set up camp since Dunharrow is a day's ride away from here. I was assigned to Eowyn's tent and I just had a dream. Only a horrifying, scary, haunting dream.

I get out of bed, put my cloak on, and secure my weapons on me. Glancing quickly at Eowyn sleeping so as not to wake her, I exit the tent. A little way from the tents, I lean against a rock and stare at the camp. Merry comes into view and walks my way.

"Couldn't sleep?", I ask when he joins.

"Just needed to wander around." he replies, "What are you up for?"

"I-I had a dream." I admit, "Well a nightmare really."

"You're trembling a little." Merry observes, "I guess it got you pretty bad. Would you like to talk about it?"

"That's really kind of you, but no Merry." I answer, "It is best to forget about some things entirely."

"Sometimes it's better to share it with others who are willing to be there.", the hobbit looks to me.

"True enough." I give in, "I will save you from the details, but basically everyone I care about died."

Merry hugs me and I squeeze him tight.

"It's not real.", he says firmly.

"Some of it is real though.", I say, trying hiding my sadness.

"You're not going to lose all the ones you care about." he begins, "As long as you have something to fight for or one person left, then that's all that matters. You needn't worry about me, I can protect myself."

"When have you gotten so wise?" I smile at Merry, "Diola lle. You gave me the will and estel to not dwell on my nightmare."
(Thank you)

"You always gave me the courage to continue so I'm glad that I could do the same." he starts, "Did you know that King Theoden made me an Esquire of Rohan?"

"Really? That is amazing Merry!", I congratulate him.

"Thanks." he beams, "Well, I better return to my tent and get some rest. See you tomorrow Amber!"

"Losto vae, Merry.", I wish.
(Sleep well)

He gets up and leaves. When did Merry become so wise? He really did make me feel better about my dream. I know the other hobbits have changed during journey, but how?

They are alright for now, but why don't I have visions about them anymore? It must be because the power of Nenya is fading and Galadriel's gifts fade with it. I sense it vanish more with each passing day.

The time of the elves is over. Do we leave Middle Earth to its fate?

---------------------------------------

Ada: Father/dad

Amin hiraetha: I'm sorry

Nae saian luume: It has been to long

Cormamin lindua ele lle: My heart sings to see thee

Mi van me: Where are we

Uuma dela: Don't worry

Voronwer: Loyal one

Rima ten' ta: Run for it

Drego: Flee

Edraith enni: Save me

Diola lle: Thank you

Estel: Hope

Losto vae: Sleep well

~Talia Spirit