Chapter 2

"The filth of Saruman is washing away. Trees will come back to live here. Young trees, wild trees.", announces Treebeard.

"Pippin!", Aragorn says sharply.

I turn to Pippin and see him holding the same orb Saruman was looking into earlier. It's palantir I realize. A stone you can use to contact the person who has the other one. That must be how Sauron was communicating with Saruman.

"Bless my bark!", Treebeard exclaims.

"Peregrin Took, I'll take that, my lad. Quickly now!", Gandalf urges him.

Pippin hands over the palantir slowly, while Mithrandir hides it from sight in his cloak.

"We should head back to Edoras.", Eomer says.

"Merry will ride with Amber while Pippin rides with Aragorn.", Gandalf orders.

Merry walks over and I lift him onto Thalion. Merry goes in the front, just incase he falls off the back. When Aragorn gets Pippin on Brego, we all start to ride.

"It's been a while." Merry says after a few minutes, "Great to see you again Amber!"

"It's great to see you and Pippin as well." I speak, "I was concerned at first but I knew the both of you would be fine. So tell me all that has happened since that day at Amon Hen."

Merry tells all about the Rohirrim battling the Uruks in the night, how the two hobbits managed to escape into Fangorn Forest and came across Treebeard. Then how him and Pippin convinced the Ents to destroy Isengard and all about the thrilling battle. After Merry finishes his story I tell him about my mine.

How Boromir told the remaining Fellowship Frodo and Sam's purpose, and how Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and I searched for them in Fangorn Forest. How Mithrandir appeared and we all went to Edoras and freed Theoden from Saruman's spell. Then all about Helms Deep, leaving out Haldir.

We eventually make it back to Rohan before sundown. The group gets off the horses. I say goodbye to Thalion as the other horses go to the stables, and we all enter the Hall.

"You have returned!" Eowyn rushes to us, hugging Eomer and Theoden, "Good, the feast will begin once you are all ready."

At the word feast, the hobbits faces light up with excitement. Everyone goes there own way, until Eowyn, the hobbits and I are left.

"If you go into the room across mine, you will find a bath is already set up and a clean dress to wear." Eowyn explains, "I'll check on you later and do your hair. I am so glad your back, it's boring being the only female here."

"Something again that I can never repay you for, thank you Eowyn. I will see you in a little bit.", I say, following her instructions.

"I can show you two where you can get ready. What are your names?", I hear Eowyn say warmly to the hobbits as I go down the hall.

I enter the room she talked about and close the door. It is a little small but cosy. It also has a bathroom like Eowyn said. I stare into the mirror on the wall. The reflection can't be mine; the face covered in dirt with traces of blood, hair messy and tangled as ever. Tired eyes that start to fill with tears.

Given the news that my ada died, Haldir dead, and countless others gone... I am not exactly in a party mood. There is no choice though. I can't deny Eowyn and besides, Haldir would want me to go and forget about my sorrows. I wipe some tears away, forcing them down so much it hurts my throat.

As Eowyn promised, the bath is drawn and is still warm warm somehow. I take off my weapons and ripped, blood stained clothes, putting them to the side. I place Haldir's dagger, my pendent and ring on the counter. I miss Haldir very much, but I can't afford  think about that now.

I get into the bath and the warm water relaxes my sore muscles. Grabbing the soap on the side, I scrub all the dirt, blood and grim off my skin. I then wash my hair and stay in the tub, until the water turns ice cold. I dry myself off, slipping into the pretty, dark purple dress spread out on the bed.

Good thing this dress covers the stitches on my leg. I find some simple flats and put them on. Then I quickly go into the bathroom and put on my mithril necklace and ring. Eowyn knocks when I just finish brushing my hair.

"Come in.", I answer.

"You look beautiful Amber!", she says while stepping inside.

"No, lle naa vanima Eowyn! You look stunning.", I say.
(You are beautiful)

She wears a light grey, almost white dress, her blond wavy hair down and flowing. Eowyn really looks great tonight.

"Thanks." she smiles, "I said I would do your hair though."

"I just brushed it."

"Yes, but it looks perfect down and straight like that.", she answers.

"There's no need to lie.", I laugh weakly.

"I'm not lying." Eowyn faces me, "This was Freda and Èothain's room when they were here. They found their mom at Helms Deep."

"Really?" I say overjoyed, "That is great news! I thought that there mom... well died."

"Me too." Eowyn admits, "It's a miracle that the family all found each other. Come, the feast is about to begin. Ready Amber?"

"Yeah.", I agree.

"It will be fun.", Eowyn assures me as we walk.

All I can do is manage a half-smile. We enter the Golden Hall full of people. Eomer comes by and hands me a cup of ale. He smirks encouragingly and vanishes into the crowd. I look at the cup unsure, I never drank before.

"It is not that bad. I'll see you later.", Eowyn laughs lightly.

"Le cenithon ned lu thent.", I reply.
(See you later)

I stand alone in the crowd which is not fun, since I can't stand them. After the most harrowing three minutes ever, Eowyn carries a goblet to the King and he raises it. Everyone falls silent as Theoden toasts.

"Tonight we remember those who gave their blood to defend this country. Hail the victorious dead!"

-----------------------------------

Ada: Father/Dad

Lle naa vanima: You are beautiful

Le cenithon ned lu thent: See you later

~Talia Spirit