Chapter Three

Chay speed walked off the elevator, wanting to quicky separate himself from Kim. His racing heart bounced in its fluid sac, feeling the pulse in his ears. The elevator door opened on to the lounging level, the level Chay had wanted to visit before Kim had very rudely decided to test Chay's weak heart. This level was Chay's favourite section of the manor, even surpassing his own bedroom. It was located exactly midway through the building, in between the training rooms, offices, and residentials apartments.

A quick walk from the elevator was welcomed by a marbled corridor that gave an enchanting view of an open, infinite swimming pool. The pool sat adjacent to the indoor bar, with its warm blue waters reflecting the rays of moonlight. The edge of the pool overlooked the mountain and kilometres of the forest that was very conveniently located next door to the mafias. Having the manor be situated in a sparsely populated area, the ever so stretch of the sunset mesmerised Chay. More times than he could count, the younger found himself with his feet dipped in the waters, enjoying the sunset with the cool afternoon breeze that blessed level five. The indoor bar/ lounge area that sat to the other side of the pool was separated by full bi-fold glass doors. The doors allowing the indoors to extend and interact with the pool, permitting the cooler forest air to circulate through the space.

Level five, like all parts of the manor was mostly occupied by guards. The guards busied the space with few working in the bar, some on guard and others entertaining Khun Tankhun. The bar was the first bi-fold door on the right, when walking through the corridor. It was decorated in fancy wines, champagnes, soft alcoholic drinks and sprites. As Khun regularly used this space, the bar had evolved to suit its most purchasing customer. As Chay was also an advocate enjoyer of lighter alcoholic beverages, he enjoyed the comfort of not being intimidated by strong alcohol choices.

Loud laughter bounced off the space, hearing the occupants before been seen. Registering the voices, Chay unconsciously beamed, feeling the familiarity of the laughter that resonated. The group sat to the far end of the room, sparingly isolated, huddled around a round glass table. The table was accompanied by soft cushioned lounge chairs, draped in a white velvet. Strings of lights hung from the ceiling, capturing the entirety of the ceiling in its patterns and the rest of the room with its luminosity. Khun, his bodyguards, both Pol and Arm, as well as Pete occupied the table, consciously staring at a large monopoly board. The group was lost in the worlds they had created, their banter sounding too aggressive to just consider it a board game. The mafia played the game a little differently, or more so, Khun played it a little differently. A simple board game to him was like life and death. Anything that didn't go his way, meant it didn't go anywhere. Though he has gotten better at dealing with losses after having Chay be involved in their board game afternoons, more times than not, Khun not so pretty side is seen.

Feeling giddy, Chay hopped his way towards the table, a widespread smile sending small wrinkles around his eyes.
"Hi Khun" waved Chay enthusiastically in a voice just loud enough to get the group's attention.
"Oh... my little Porchay..." Khun snapped his head towards the voice, hearing the soft yell of his favourite in-law. Khun bolted towards Chay, his chair being carelessly pushed back, sending a screech in its place. The older was wearing a satin, pyjama like attire, his hair combed to perfection and showered in his favourite daisy perfume. Not being able to contain his excitement, the man engorged the smaller in his arms, giving a tight squeezing.
The younger let out a giggly laugh, the sound sending serotonin through the room. Wanting to reciprocate Khun's excitement, Chay wiggled to get Khun's grip to loosen. Thinking Chay wanted to escape his hold, Khun tightened the hug.
"Where have you been young Porchay?" Questioned Khun, his eyebrows raised and questioning like an uninformed parent. Khun separated himself enough for Chay to face up and answer. Having had their game abruptly paused, the group had their attention on the two.
"Khun, Chay is not a child anymore, right Porchay?" Pete came to Chay's defence, as if he was not at Macau's throat just an hour before about staying out too late. In Pete's defence, Chay was someone who kept his word and be trusted to make reasonable and safe decisions, whereas more times than not, Macau has showed to make wrong decisions than right ones.
Chay smiled at Pete, nodding his head violently in agreement. Chay loved his Phi Pete, the smiley elder who carried his heart in his hands. Pete also loved the younger, enjoying the company of the clingy puppy who at times reminded him of his younger self. As a result, though not often, he found himself defending the younger even in the most unserious situations.