Alone

Gem's Perspective-

Gem's Diary-

'It's gone.

It's all gone.

I'm...alone.

No more fun Oli.

No more getting shouted at by Sir Ortiz since he has to stand outside the dungeon now.

The dungeon was expanded so now right across the wall are more cells.

They moved Oli there so we can no longer speak to each other.

I can hear his muffled singing voice and it brings me hope.

But Trissa and Tom no longer are allowed down here.

Ortiz brings us our food after taking it from them.

Trissa and Tom started keeping me updated.

They leave me notes in my lunch.

But that's it.

The only voice I've been hearing clearly is Ortiz's.

I wish I was home.

I wish I had a warm bed.

I wish I never left.

fWhip was right, I should've taken freedom when I had it.

But now I'm stuck.

Alone.

Forever.

Loneliness is sharp.

It cuts me like glass in my fingers.

But it's much more awful than broken glass since I cannot see it; or avoid it.

I hope fWhip is okay.

I hope he's happy.

I hope he's given up on searching for me or else he would get caught too.

As long as he and Sausage live out their lives happily together, I'm fine.

I got to be a witch for a couple of years.

Sure, I may never get my wand again and die in here, but my friends and brother are safe.

That's what matters.

I hope Trissa, Tom, and Oli forgive me for letting them believe a lie.

I thought I could get out.

But I can't.

I promised them freedom.

But I can't give them that.

I can't.

We're just going to die unhappy.'

"EY WIZARD!"

Gem paused her quill and looked up.

"What? Is it food time already?" Gem asked.

"With that tone I may not give you food." Ortiz spat.

"Fine." Gem retorted, "Let me starve. Better that then living with you!"

Ortiz looked like he was about to punch the cell but took a deep breath instead.

He forced on a smile that scared Gem more than his stern look.

"King Everett wants to see you right now. 'They' will be leading you up there."

"Who?" Gem asked, stashing away her journal as Ortiz unlocked her cell.

"You'll see." Ortiz said as Gem stepped out.

Gem walked outside and almost fainted.

The brightness was too much for her.

She blinked a lot but ended up just shielding her eyes instead.

"Right there." Ortiz pointed to a woman who had a red cloak and an axe.

Ortiz then turned back around to go shout at Oli in the dungeon.

Gem made eye contact with the woman.

"Pearl." She said and started walking, "Come on, gotta lead you up to Everett."

Gem jogged and started walking next to Pearl.

She then smirked at Gem, "You're the wizard that Tom keeps talking about aren't ya?"

"Er- I guess."

Pearl laughed, "No need to be shy. I'm friends with him. Trissa said I've changed since my last mission but," She shrugged, "Makes sense."

Gem was about to ask her about it, but Pearl read her mind and said,

"Heart broken. Got ditched and then they came back to me. Long story. Blew themselves up for me and Tilly."

To Gem's surprise, Pearl shed a tear.

"Ever since then I've been getting a bit softer towards new folks."

They then walked up to the castle.

"Trissa should lead you to the meeting room, I need to go back and check up on Tilly. Everett asked me to attend the meeting as well; think he wants to me to scare you." Pearl winked before heading off.

Gem smiled and laughed lightly before turning around and almost screaming as she was tackled.

"Gem!" Trissa whisper-screamed and tackled Gem in a hug.

"I've been so worried. How are you?" Trissa cut herself off at Gem's look.

"Why am I here?"

"Everett; he wants to talk to you." Trissa then fixed her hair and right when she was about to say something else, they heard footsteps.

Trissa gasped and put on a blank look and folded her hands.

"Follow me." She said, not bothering to say Gem's name.

Trissa turned on her heel and started walking to the right, Gem followed.

At the corner of her eye, Gem saw that the footsteps belonged to a guard she had never seen before.

He looked stern and he had ginger hair, similar to the style fWhip had. He also looked the same age as fWhip.

Gem gasped and stopped to stare at the guard.

They made eye contact and Gem felt her face heat up from embarrassment.

She quickly followed Trissa and kept mentally slapping herself.

fWhip is at home! He's not here!

"What was that about?" Trissa whispered.

"I thought he was my brother." Gem muttered.

"Oh, that's Anthony. I see how he could remind you of your brother though. I mean...he does have ginger hair." Trissa shrugged and they walked up to a door.

"This is the meeting room. I'm pretty sure Pearl is going to be here as well." Trissa said and Gem nodded.

"I'll be out here when you're done. Good luck."

Gem took a deep breath and walked in.

———————————————————
Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that this quote,
"Loneliness is sharp.
It cuts me like glass in my fingers.
But it's much more awful than broken glass since I cannot see it; or avoid it."
Yeah, that's from Disney Dreamlight Valley (very fun game btw). I was reading the journals your character used to have and one of them said that and I was like, that's cool. So I stole it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a good Wednesday!