The Formation of a Newfound Calvary

Continuing upon the initiation within the Emerald Forest, Weiss is seen pacing back and forth while Ruby is sitting on the grass impatiently. Meanwhile, Mateo is seen standing on a thick branch in a tree, trying to get a better view of the area to find the relics, or Jay so he may finally escape his supposed captivity with his new "teammates." He looks down at Weiss and shakes his head in disappointment due to her indecisiveness regarding which way they all should go.

Weiss: (Walking right) It's this way. (Stops and starts walking left) I mean... this way! It's this way. (Stops in front of Ruby) Alright, it's official: We passed it.

Ruby: (Stands up, slightly annoyed) Weiss, why can't you just admit that you have no idea where we're going?

Weiss: Because I know exactly where we're going! (Speaking with a hint of hesitation) We're going... to... the forest temple!

As Ruby sighs frustratedly, Mateo immediately drops down and lands next to the two bickering girls with his usual scowl.

Mateo: (Glaring at Weiss) I should've figured that someone as incompetent as you would screw this up somehow.

Weiss: Oh, stop it! You don't know where we are, either!

Ruby: Well, at least we're not pretending like I know everything.

Weiss: What is that supposed to mean?

Mateo: (Starts walking up to her) Allow me to enlighten you. It means--

Ruby: (Cuts him off by walking in front of him and facing Weiss) It means you're a big, stupid jerk, and I hate you!

Mateo: (Turns his body to the side while crossing his arms) Well... guess I didn't need to say much since she said it for me.

Weiss: (Sighs to herself, spinning around and walking in another direction) Just keep moving!

Ruby: (In a faux imitation of Weiss' voice) "Oh, just keep moving! Hurry up! Waaaah! Watch where you're going!" (In her normal voice) Why are you so bossy?

Weiss: (Turning back around to face Ruby) I'm not bossy! Don't say things like that!

Ruby: Then stop treating me like a kid!

Weiss: Stop acting like a kid!

Ruby: Well, stop acting like you're perfect!

Weiss: I'm. Not. Perfect! Not yet... But I'm still leagues better than you.

Ruby: (Looking away dejectedly) You don't even know me...

Weiss: True, I don't. And I think we should part ways from here.

Ruby: (Shocked) What?! But what about the?!

Weiss: Just because we're "partners" doesn't mean we have to act as such. Besides, at this point, all three of us sticking together... (Looks away) would be highly inefficient. Or do you disagree?

Hearing Weiss's ultimatum brought dread upon Ruby as she figured that she would have the capacity to deal with Weiss a bit longer, but the heiress didn't reciprocate the same feeling. And with Mateo around, Weiss would have just been at odds with him at every turn. Without a single word to break the silence, the Schnee turns her back to Ruby, leaving her behind as she sinks her head in pure melancholy.

Mateo: (Tensely) You're right, you know...

Shocked by Mateo's sudden sentence due to him being quiet for most of the argument, Ruby turns to him with her head tilted as his back is to her.

Ruby: What?

Mateo: She doesn't know you. She doesn't know anything. She thinks she's so much better than everyone here, but she's nothing but a joke. She fought a fight she couldn't even win by herself, ended up setting the forest on fire, and got us lost in this forest. She... knows... NOTHING! (Cuts down a tree in a flash with his sword, causing Ruby to step back in a startled motion)