Feuds Within the Forever Falling Forest

Over the vast view of Beacon Academy, Pyrrha gazed somberly out the window as Ren loaded StormFlower while Nora was seen jumping on her bed in the room for Team JNPR. After last night's conversation, the red-haired star student felt a hint of sadness about Jaune's disposition. However, she also felt angry about Jaune's "willingness" to deflect assistance from his teammates and allow Cardin to bully him.

Nora: How come Jaune gets home so late?

Ren: He's become rather scarce since he started fraternizing with Cardin.

Nora: That's weird... Doesn't he know we have a field trip tomorrow? We need our rest!

As Nora proclaimed this, she twirled in midair, making her back hit the covers. Pyrrha's rage rises brighter within her, but she chooses to express her feelings through her tone.

Pyrrha: (Angrily) I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure our leader knows exactly what he's doing.

Nora and Ren exchanged glances, not knowing that Jaune himself was looking in through the crack of the door.

Nora: Mmmm... I guess so. Hopefully, our field trip has some on-board snacks!

Ren: (Leaning toward Nora) What do you think has Pyrrha so upset?

Nora: (Shrugs) Just a little bit of repressed feelings.

Ren: Huh?

Nora: (Dismissively waves her hand) Oh, nothing~! I'm sure it'll be alright!

Jaune hung his head and closed the door with a heavy sigh just as a voice interrupted his thoughts.

Ruby: Hey, Jaune!

Startled, Jaune turned around to see Ruby and Jay in their pajamas, making Ruby giggle at his reaction. Jay simply shook his head at his prominent leader's behavior, then greeted Jaune with a two-fingered salute.

Jay: Long time no see.

Ruby: Did you lock yourself out again?

Jaune: Oh, uh nope! I, uh

The blonde knight started endlessly searching for something until he discovered he was looking for the Scroll he had held the entire time.

Jaune: (Raises his Scroll) Oh! See? Got it! (Laughs nervously)

Ruby: So, where have you been lately?

Jaune: I, uh... (Sighs and lowers his head) I messed up.

Jay: Messed up how, exactly? Is this still about the whole Cardin thing?

Jaune: Yeah, and more. I did something I shouldn't have, and now Cardin has me on a leash, and Pyrrha won't even talk to me, and... (Breathes heavily through his nose) and I don't even have the guts to face my team. If I do, they'll shun me like Pyrrha's doing now. Coming to this school was a bad idea.

Jaune then pressed his back to his team's door and slid down to the floor in depression.

Jaune: I'm a failure...

Ruby: Nope!

Jaune: (Looking at her in surprise) "Nope?"

Ruby: Nope! You're a leader now, Jaune. You're not allowed to be a failure.

Jaune: But... what if I'm a failure at being a leader?

Ruby: (Putting a hand to her chin) Hmm Nope!

Jaune couldn't help but laugh at Ruby's persistence as she and Jay joined him on the floor.

Jaune: You're not the easiest person to talk to about this.

Ruby: Nope!

Jay: (Rolls his eyes, smirking) "Well, this certainly feels familiar."