Ch 9- Finding the Truth I

---------AURTHUR LEYWIN------------

"W-What are you?" I managed to stammer out.

Despite having lived two lives, what my eyes saw, my brain refused to believe. A monster, for a lack of a better word, which easily towered over ten meters high, was seated cross-legged, on a crudely carved throne of jagged stone with an arm lazily supporting its head. With petrifying red eyes that gazed down at me, while menacing, carried an oddly tranquil quality. Two massive horns protruded out the of sides of its head, arched down and around its skull, curving up to a point near the front, reminding me of something almost akin to a crown. It had a mouth with two fangs peeking out of its lips and while its body was adorned in a sleek black armor that had neither decorations nor embellishments, it still glowed with the quality of a priceless treasure.

Even though I have given the order to even God, I have never felt such power of submission. But that's probably because 'it' hadn't shown its powers towards me but Charles.

What I had failed to notice until now, though, because of the dim lighting in the cave and its body is completely black, was that this being had a gaping hole in the side of its chest, blood continuously oozing out.

"Oh Sorry, it seems that I have started you," it repeated with a lazy half-smile that revealed a row of pointed teeth.

I tried getting up, but failed halfway and end up back on my butt, my face still slacks from the shock of what my eyes were seeing. I was trying to find a way in case she decided but I couldn't. She is too powerful than me. I can only hope she is not hostile

"Bugs will fly into your mouth if you keep it open that wide."

Great. At least it has a sense of humor.

"Sorry for the intrusion, but I couldn't find a place to stay in this jungle. So, can I stay here, besides that this place has enough space for me and you wouldn't get hunted by mana beasts? And I could also open a dimensional rift that will transport you to your family"

He can talk, so it couldn't be a simple mana beast. And the deal is only helping me, but why?

"Fine, anyway the deal is only helping me and it's not like there is any other choice for me, you could kill me anytime you want. So, I accept your deal Mr..."

"That's Great but don't you think it's a little rude to call a lady 'Mister'?"

"My mistake, Lady.."

"Just call me Sylvia, there is no point in honorifics."

This giant demon lord-like monster looked like anything but a Sylvia to me, but I chose to keep that to myself.

"Ok Sylvia, By the way, I am Arthur, Arthur Leywin. You can call me Art if you want."

"Kukuku... Very well, I will call you Art!" Her red eyes glazed, looking afar while asking me, "Can I ask how a child barely three years old got here in this place?"

But didn't you already ask it?

"I was going towards Xyrus with my family and friends. We were attacked by Bandits and I got separated and accidentally came to this forest. By the way, can I ask what species you are from, you are definitely not a mana beast, and neither from three intelligent races?"

"Sorry but, I won't say anything more than what you can see from looking," the horned humanoid monster said with its eyes seeming to gaze straight through me.

"..."

"It is going to take to a while for me to open a dimensional rift that will transport you to your house, so until then, just be patient and wait here. There are special roots that grow here. You will be able to live off those until I finish," it sighed.