Chapter Twelve

A/N remember italics stuff is usually the flashbacks ok enjoy <33

----------------------------------------------

LIAM

The rain was hitting hard on the windows of my apartment. It was an awful storm out there... We had also lost electricity so the boys had an idea of making a fort out of sheets i.e. a mess out of my living room.

I went along with it though, maybe it could get Maren's mind off of the funeral.

"Liam! Hurry up!" Zayn called.

"Coming!" I replied, rummaging through my cupboards to find something edible. I settled on some potato crisps that may or may not be stale and chocolate bars. I joined the others who were gathered around a flashlight in the fort.

"Ooh, food," Niall grinned, snatching a chocolate bar. I pushed the stack towards him.

"Let's tell ghost stories!" Harry said mischievously, clapping his hands together.

I gave him a look. I hated ghost stories. "Um, how about no."

Louis burst out laughing. "Li, do you remember that one time when we watched Paranormal Activity and you peed your pants?"

Harry joined in. "Yes!" He rolled onto his back in hysterics.

I glared. "It was one time, get over it." I crossed my arms.

"Aw, poor, Li-Li," Maren giggled, nudging me.

"But that same day Zayn fell into the kiddie pool and thought he was drowning!" Niall added with a chuckle.

Zayn gave him a look. "I can't swim, geez," Zayn muttered, shoving potato crisps into his mouth.

"Zayn, you can't swim?" Maren asked.

He shook his head, slightly embarrassed. "Never learned."

"There was this one time that you and Niall actually had to fish him out of the water fountain he fell in." Louis laughed.

"Where were the rest of you?" Maren questioned, breaking a piece of chocolate off and eating it.

I eyed Louis carefully. He had better watched his words...

"Oh, well, erm, we were out shopping.... all of us that is. We kind of split up and yeah..." Louis stumbled.

"Oh, wow look at that, uh, lightning!" Harry pointed out the window.

I scratched the back of my head. Well done boys, she doesn't suspect a thing now! Internally, I rolled my eyes.

Truthfully Maren and Niall had been on a date that day and I was sort of spying on her with Zayn. But Zayn tripped on some old lady's cane and fell into the fountain and then the two had spotted us... but hey, at least Zayn didn't drown I mean that's a plus right? Maren was sort of angry at me the rest of that day, but I can't help spying on her! I just want to make sure my baby sister didn't get hurt...

I couldn't watch any more of it. They were kissing. Dominic Castononi and my baby sister were kissing. He was the enemy. THE ENEMY. But he had his lips on my sister's and I would not stand for it.

"Hey!" I yelled angrily.

The two jumped apart. I looked from Maren to Dominic and back to Maren. Her face had surprise written all over it. Then it quickly changed from surprise to anger.

"Liam!" She shouted. "What are you doing?"

"Seeing you with him," I shot Dominic a glare, pulling Maren close to me. "What do you think you're doing with your hands all over my sister?"