Chapter Two

LIAM

My baby sister was hurt. She lost her memory, or at least some of it. She didn't remember One Direction or any of the guys. Surprisingly, she remembered The X Factor and my audition up to boot camp. She remembered who Lizzie was (sort of) and pretty much everything before she left to live with me inLondon. After that, there were bits and pieces missing.

Niall was crushed. I could tell, we all could. I was upset over Maren loosing bits and pieces of her memory, of her life. But I was still in it. She still remembered who I was. Niall was her boyfriend, still a big part of her life, and she didn't have a clue who he was.

"You okay, mate?" I asked, putting my arm around the torn up Irish boy. His face was streaked with tears and his hands ran through his blond hair.

"No." He decided after awhile.

I nodded, not knowing what to say. What could I say? I was usually the one to comfort someone, always saying the right things at the right time. But I was clearly lost for words.

"I just....can't believe this happened. It's just like something from a dream." Niall mumbled.

I patted his back. "All we can do now is help her remember and be there for her. It's gonna be hard for her too."

He nodded then stood up. "I need to get some air." He walked outside, his hands shoved in his pocket. I stood up too and went to check on Maren.

"Hey, how're you feeling?" I asked, sitting at the foot of her bed. She looked glassy eyed, a bruise under her left eye and a few cuts here and there. Her darkish wavy brown hair was frizzy and matted.

"Like shit." Maren sighed.

I cracked a small smile. "At least you're feeling like yourself."

She shrugged. "Li, I don't even remember why I'm in London in the first place. I don't know who those people are out there," She gestured toward Zayn, Louis, and Harry who were passed out on the waiting chairs. "I can barely remember who I am." Maren bit her bottom lip to stop from crying. Even though Maren was the youngest, she was tough. She never cried. Mare even took boxing classes with me for a few years. But she looked.....broken. And as her older brother, her only brother, I felt it was like my job to fix her. I had to, she was my responsibility.

"Oh, Mare," I whispered and pulled her into a hug. She finally gave in and started to cry and I felt my heart break. I had to fix her. I had to make her smile again. I shifted a little, with Maren still in my arms. I could see Niall sobbing in the corner of the waiting room. Harry, Louis, and Zayn were trying to comfort him. How could things have gone so wrong?

"We'll make it better, Mare." I said after a while, wiping the tears from her eyes. "I promise. You'll start to remember soon. I'll help you." She just nodded. "So, would you like to meet the boys?" I gestured toward them with my head.

Maren nodded slowly. "Who exactly are they?"

"Well, um, during the X Factor we were put into a band and we've been together ever since."

"Oh."

"So...should I bring them in?" I asked her slowly. I didn't want to overwhelm her but maybe something could jog her memory a bit, even the slightest thing. Maren bit her lip and nodded again. "Hey." I told the boys to come in. Maybe they could jog her memory a bit, especially Niall. Maren probably had the happiest memories with him (not that I knew of course). I just needed her to be okay again.

As I turned around to face the bed again, Maren drew a sharp breath and her hand flew to her forehead. She groaned in pain. "My....head...." She gasped.

"Doctor!" I yelled frantically. She intook another sharp breath before she went out cold.

----------------------------------------------

A/N Hello lovelies!

School started so I'll try to update as normal but I might not have the chance too......

Comment and vote please!

xx Kellie