Chapter One

MAREN

My eyes fluttered open. Where the heck was I? I moved looked down and I saw I was in a hospital dress thing. I was attached to wires that were hooked up to machines. My head was throbbing and I ached all over. Was I in a hospital? What was I doing here? My head was pounding and I groaned. What was going on? I looked around the room for a familiar face. Where was my brother? Someone stirred in the corner and I looked their way. It was a blond haired boy, his arms crossed and his head bent down asleep. He wore sweatpants and a T-shirt and there was no doubt he had been crying by the tear streaks on his face.

Where were Nicola and Ruth? Where were my parents? My head hurt so badly now that I softly moaned. Immediately the blond haired boy awoke and he rushed to my side. "Are you alright, Mare? I'll go get the doctor." He said quickly in a soft voice. I just nodded very slowly as he walked out of the room. His blue eyes were concerned and scared for me. But why? I didn't know him.

Finally I saw a familiar face when my brother walked into the room. He looked tired and worn but a faint smile was on his face. "Mare," He said and kissed my forehead. His hair was messy and his clothes were rumpled.

"Liam, where am I?" I said as he held my hand.

"The hospital...." He said, his bushy eyebrows knitting together and a worried expression on his face.

"I-I don't remember..." I mumbled. "Why am I here?"

Liam licked his lips worriedly. "You....were in a car accident, Maren. You and Lizzie were hit by a drunk driver."

Memories of a tall curly-red haired girl came to mind. "Where is Lizzie?" I asked.

Liam bit his lip unsurely. "She didn't make it."

I suddenly felt numb. "Oh," was all I said.

The doctor then walked in followed shortly by the blond-haired boy. She was tall, tan, and black-haired. "Good morning, Maren, how do you feel?" She asked. "I'm Doctor West."

"I hurt a lot." I said quietly. "My head is throbbing and I ache all over." The blond-haired boy knelt down by my bedside, showing concern for me.

Dr. West nodded. "We'll get you some pain medication for that. But besides all of your physical pain, do you have any recollection of what happened? Do you remember anything beforehand?"

I shook my head very slowly. "No. Liam told me some things but I don't remember."

Dr. West nodded again, her brown eyes sympathetic. "Okay. I'm going to ask you some questions, alright? Just basic ones." When I nodded slowly, she began. "What is your name?"

"Maren Elizabeth Payne."

"How old are you?"

"17,"

"When is your birthday?

"October 4,"

"What month is it?"

"August."

"The year?"

"2012,"

"Where are you now?"

"At some hospital inWolverhampton," I said, quite unsure about this answer.

Dr. West glanced at Liam who gave me a worried look. "Mare, we're in London." He said quietly.

"Why?" I asked him.

Before he could respond, Dr. West quickly cut in. "We wouldn't want to overwhelm you at the moment, Maren. Therefore only take it a little at a time. We'll ease you back to your normal routine and you may ask a few questions a bit at a time. Take it slow so your brain can process." She said then looked at my brother. "May I speak to you outside?" He nodded and they both got up, leaving the room and closing the door. The only one in the room besides me was the blond-haired stranger.

"Hey, how are you?" He asked me in a soft voice. It was gentle and full of concern.

"Fine." I said, looking at him, a blank expression on my face.

"Do you...." he began to ask, his crystal blue eyes full of worry, "know who I am?"

I pursed my lips and slowly shook my head. "No, sorry." He nodded, the corners of his eyes watering. He suddenly looked crushed. "Am I...supposed to?"

He bit his lip. "I don't know." He said and walked out of the room.

----------------------------------------------

A/N Hey guys, hope you like this fanfic! It's sorta inspired by The Vow. Anybody see that movie? I thought the ending was back :P But don't worry I won't make it too predictable!

Leave me comments, I like those :) And vote please! Fan me for updates too!

Twitter: @sleepyiiams

xx Kellie