Chapter Thirteen

MAREN

My mind raced rapidly after basically doing a Q&A with my brother and his band. So many things were going on, so many things had happened.... I was so confused and lost that I just didn't even know what I was doing anymore. The rain was falling only lightly but I threw the hood of my raincoat over my head and walked in the streets aimlessly.

So Niall had a girlfriend. Niall, the boy who had almost kissed me.

Why would he try and kiss me when he already had a girlfriend?

I was also upset and angry. Boys were so confusing.

I wouldn't let Niall two-time his girlfriend who was probably very fond of him. I mean, who couldn't love an amazing guy like Niall?

Wait, no, no, I did not just call him amazing ugh. I was definitely confused. Maren, pull yourself together here, girl. You can't date Niall/ like him because

a) he was your brother's best mate and

b) he was taken meaning he has a girlfriend and they're "exclusive"

Why was everything so complicated? And I did have a boyfriend, though, because that crazy American dance instructor asked about him. But who was he? And why wasn't Liam or any of the other boys telling me absolutely anything? I sat down a wet park bench and analyzed my thoughts more deeply.

Okay, so if I did have a boyfriend, why didn't he stop by? Did Liam not like him? Was that why he didn't come around the apartment?

"Pardon me, but is the seat next to you taken?"

I looked up and beautiful light brown eyes belong to a gorgeous boy was towering over me. Hs hands were in his rain jacket, his dark brown hair was slightly quiffed in the front, and he had a small smile on his face.

"Huh? Oh, no, it's all yours," I gestured to the empty seat.

"Thanks. You waiting for a ride or something?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Just thinking, what about you?"

"Same." He smiled. I noticed he had lovely dimples.

I smiled back and turned away.

"So, what's your name?"

"Maren," I said as I looked into his amazing brown eyes. I'll admit, I'm sort of a sucker for brown eyes. That's good that hasn't changed at least...

"I'm Jack." The boy said and held out his hand to shake mine. As I shook it, I stifled a laugh. "What is it?"

I shrugged. "It's just... I dunno. Not many people are into shaking hands I guess."

Jack threw his back, laughter escaping his mouth. I smiled. He had a nice laugh. "Sorry, I guess."

"Oh, no, don't be," I said quickly, shaking my head.

"Then I won't be." He grinned slightly. "So, how old are you, Maren?"

"Eighteen?" I said.

"That came out more like a question." Jack smirked.

I sighed. "It did, didn't it? Yeah, I guess I'm out of it." He gave me a funny look.

"You don't just forget your age." He said.

I lifted one shoulder in a sort of like half shrug. "I lost my memory, small parts of it about a week or so ago." I said quietly.

"Oh."

I quickly laughed it off. "Sorry, didn't mean to put that all on you." I gave him a sideways glance.

"No worries. You can tell me about it." Jack assured me.