Chapter 37

Upon all the chaotic mess, and as much Tsukauchi wishes he didn't, he still has work to do. And work equals solving a murder case.

He stands before a scene. There area is illuminated by flashlights and small lights hung around the alley. Izuku Shimura-Midoriya.

As much as both had on there never-ending cases, (pun intended,) murders seemed to never end. Izuku blinked at Tsukauchi as he was groaning in his hands.

"Y'know what this means, Izuku," he glares.

"That i'm loosing my sleep over this?"

"No, that I have more paperwork. I'm already drowning in it, Izuku, what am I gonna do now?" Izuku rolls his eyes and pats his shoulder.

"If you take me out of school early for..'internship' I'll help you with your paperwork. Anything's better than seeing Uraraka after hours of straight torture."

Tsukauchi lets out a light chuckle, and nudges Izuku towards the scene. He sighs. Tsukauchi pulled out his badge as they walked up to the yellow caution tape. The cop simply nodded, and they both ducked through the tape.

"See anything you like, Izuku?"

"Other than another late-night? Nah, not really."

Izuku's eyes gazed upon the scene. He could immediately tell it was Pro Hero: Kan'nagi Enma. They weren't a very significant hero of Izuku said himself, but it was still another loss.

Without his quirk, He could tell the injures. Multiple stab wounds to the abdomen, multiple lacerations to the arms, legs, and a small on the victim's cheek.

Izuku took a step closer. There was blood almost everywhere, the most evident was the pool of blood Enma was laying on. There were splatters of blood along the ground.

Tsukauchi was off talking to someone, clearly trying to get any details they had at the moment. Izuku sighed. He activated his quirk, and slowly a green glow began to aluminate the scene.

There where small drops of blood high liter in the small glow, barley noticeable. Izuku follows the drips, the the ground that was hidden past in the light. He crouched down to get a better look at the dark words

" H⃪E⃪R⃪O⃪'S⃪ A⃪R⃪E⃪ C⃪O⃪R⃪R⃪U⃪P⃪T⃪E⃪D⃪ "

He mumbled to himself, and instantly, he knew who's work this was. He could hear Tsukauchi's footsteps as he slowly approached him.

"Tsukauchi, it's another one," he says, sighing as he stood back up . He wiped any dust that followed him off to the ground. Tsukauchi turned on his flashlight, reading the same words aloud.

"Fuck," He mutters, his hand to his temple, as he walks away. Izuku follows after him, his own head own forming.

—-

Katsuki was making a small, late-night snack when someone started pounding on his front door.

As he was trying to finish up the last thing he was doing, the pounding only got more consistent and louder. He groaned.

"I'm coming! Fuck," he hissed, coming from around the kitchen counter and to the front door. He opens it, "The fuck do y-"

Izuku stood there, his hair— and face, a mess itself, eye bags as big as there homeroom teacher's. In conclusion, he looked shitty.

"It's 1:30 at night, the fuck are you doing pounding on my door?!" Katsuki huffed as Izuku nudged past him and onto a seat facing the kitchen counter.

"Shut up, Katsuki," he groans, his head hitting the table with a slight thud. Suddenly, Katsuki sighs and makes another sandwich.

"I should be asleep right now. Your lucky I was getting something to eat. Actually, your lucky it was you at my door. Let it be someone like Monama and I'd blast him to space."

Izuku lets out a light giggle. "Monama knows where you live?"

"The little shit is a stalker! Uses all his damn money to find out every little last bit of you, and I was a fuckin' victim!" Katsuki slides the well-made sandwich over to izuku

"Well, I get to do it legally. I think that's that fun, don't you?" Katsuki rolls his eyes, chowing down onto his sandwich to which Izuku does the same.

"So," he says, wiping the crumbs off his face "why'd you decide to show up so late, huh?"

Izuku sighs, he almost forgot about his workload. "No, another late night case. It was the hero killer and some random pro again. Unfortunate, for both the victim and my sleep."

"It's not like you sleep, anyways. If your not doing a damn case your working on one of your fuckin' notebooks till 3:30."

Izuku huffs out a laugh. "Well, that's different. It's unexplainable how though. Its just different."

"Yeah, sure, different." Katsuki throws away the napkins both there sandwich's are on, taking the crumbs Ah th him. We wipes off his shirt and yawns.

"Aww, tired, Kacchan?"

"Shut the hell up! You should be tired too, nerd."

"I guess, I'll head home in a minute." He whines, hopping out of his chair. Katsuki puts a hand on his shoulder.

"The fuck? You think I'm gonna let you go out this late? Your a fuckin' detective for Christ's sake, you should know better than to go out again at this time of fucking night."

"Aww, is kacchan letting me sleep with him?"

"That's it, your getting the damn floor!"

"Hey!" Izuku yells, "that's unfair!"

"Well then, change out your damn clothes and hurry the fuck up! I'm not waiting any longer for your dumbass,"

Izuku huffs, heading to Katsuki's room. At the bottom, he has a drawer of his own filled with his clothes. Since basically, his house is Izuku's second home.

He decides on some penguin pajamas pants, and a gray shirt.

"Damn, you detectives are slow."

"Shut up, Grandpa, can't you be a little more patient?"

"I didn't know patience was in the job description too."

"You think opening the door for me is a job?!" Katsuki blinks at him before turning around. Izuku huffs.

Izuku steals the comforter, and pushes Katsuki over with his leg. "Move over, you moron! How much space can you possibly take!"

"Your in my house, I do what I want!"

"Whatever, goodnight, Kacchan."

"If I catch you away at 3:50 in the middle of the fucking night, I'm kicking you out!"

"Way to say goodnight, kacchan." Izuku rolls his eyes and turns off the lamp.

————————————————————————————
Word count: 1051

After almost exactly a month of no chapter updates...here it is! I've literally been so caught up with school— and track season is starting, so it's a lotta work. Apologies guys.

Anyways, have a great rest of your day!