A Windy Hour Later...

(The video is for ambiance, nothing more)

"You know, when I was reading that history book. I came across a picture of you. You didn't tell me you were a Major." Sebastian said out of the blue.

Jasper looked up at his mate, slightly startled at what Sebastian had said.

"You found me in a history book?" Jasper asked.

"Yes, the book's title is 'Hidden Heroes of the Civil War'." Sebastian pointed out.

"Interestin I didn't know I was worth mentionin." Jasper muttered.

"I think you are, I think I'll call you Darlin as well." Sebastian stated.

"How'd you do that?" Jasper asked.

"Do what?" Sebastian responded.

"You just mimicked my accent. Did you get that when your eyes flashed?" Jasper inquired.

"Nope, I could already do that. It's just the first time you paid attention when I did it." Sebastian answered.

"You, sir, are full of surprises." J,sper commented in awe.

"Thank you, quick question. Did you join because you believed that the South should be separate?" Sebastian responded.

"No, I joined because my father insisted. He told me I wouldn't have a home if I didn't." Jasper explained.

"Wow. Getting kicked out because you won't fight? That's harsh." Sebastian stated.

The two went back to enjoying each other's company and nature. Sebastian closed his eyes and relaxed. Jasper watched contently and in surprise as Sebastian started to fall asleep. Jasper jerked up from Sebastian's lap, waking Sebastian up from his light nap. Sebastian looked confusedly at Jasper, and Jasper stared at Sebastian for an explanation.

"Darlin? What's wrong?" Sebastian asked.

"You fell asleep! How can you possibly fall asleep?" Jasper exclaimed.

"I got it from Bella, who is, in fact, a human being. She also has a natural ability to shield herself from anyone or anything. I might pull that on Edward just to see his reaction." Sebastian explained.

"So, when you made eye contact with her, your eyes flashed." Jasper finished.

"Yep, I can also mimic body heat and Bella's eye color. So, if I go back to my house, I can fool Charlie. I can't sleep deeply, only very lightly." Sebastian added.

"Woah." Jasper said.

They both shrugged simultaneously and decided to get up and go back to the house. Esme looked up as they came in. She gestured for Sebastian to come and sit down. Sebastian compiled and made himself comfortable.

"So, I'm thinking that you and Jasper could share a room for when you visit," Esmè stated.

"Sounds good, don't worry, we're taking things slow," Sebastian said.

"Oh, I forgot that you have Edward's ability," Esmè said in surprise.

"Yeah, I'm still processing that one myself. What's this I hear about a baseball game?" Sebastian asked.

"There's a thunderstorm next week. It's the only time we get to play. You're welcome to come. It'd make the teams even." Esmè offered.

"Pardon my French, but hell yes." Sebastian accepted.

"Great! Edward is planning on bringing Bella as well. It'll be fun to get to know you two better." Esme replied.