Transition

Euphina:

"Princess Snow, do you really think I should be wearing your clothes? You are of higher status and it quite honestly feels wrong to wear such an extravagant gown. The clothing alone seems to cost more than myself and is for a princess, not a commoner like me." I ponder anxiously as I fiddle with the golden satin gown cinched by an embroidered belt.

" I ponder anxiously as I fiddle with the golden satin gown cinched by an embroidered belt

"Nonsense, it looks so much better on you than me. And if I was being honest..." Snow White paused as she checked around for any lingering maids before turning to me, "These dresses were gifts given by neighbouring royals who wish to embarrass and mock me since I'm larger than them," She continued with a lingering sadness evident in her glowing face that pained my heart.

"Princess Snow, never doubt your beauty. You are the most beautiful soul I have ever met and you brighten everything just with your presence. I promise you that from now on, we shall stick together and always protect each other. I don't know why and I don't know how, but I feel it in my soul. We are destined to be together, I'm supposed to protect and guide you. That is my promise Princess, if you accept me?" I promise while kneeling on one knee and bringing her hand to my forehead, pledging my allegiance.

"Euphina... I don't know what to say. Thank you so much. You are the first real friend I have ever had. Yes I accept!" Snow White claimed while smiling through her tears.

Their little heartfelt moment was spoiled as a maid entered the room signaling that it was bedtime and urging Euphina to follow her towards her quarters. "I'll see you in the morning Princess, sweet dreams!" Euphina exclaimed as she left the room into the dark.

"Follow me miss, your room is to the west of the castle. It's the best guest quarter for the guests, miss. the King must've taken a liking to you." the maid gushed while walking briskly in the dark, a single candle lighting their way.

"Ah, thank you..."

"Mari miss. Short for Marigold" the maid replies to Euphina.

"Well thank you Marigold, my name is Euphina Wyrms. I will be in your care." She replied. The rest of their walk was weighed with an uncomfortable silence.

Euphina's gaze wandered around the long corridor, admiring the slightly visible décor lined with gold. Their castle truly held a silent beauty to it, like a hidden gem in a barren mine. Her mind then wondered to her mother, a slight dread settling into her mind as she desperately tries to remember her life before today. The haze in her mind allowed only slight flashes of previous lessons with her aunt, teaching her all there is to know about her powers.

"We are here miss. This is your room. If you need anything from me, feel free to ring the velvet rope hanging by the bed. It will alert me. I will now be taking my leave, goodnight miss." The maid informed bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Oh, uh thank you. Enjoy your night!" Euphina softly claims hurriedly watching the maid leave as soon as she finished her sentence. "Huff, that was awkward."

Her eyes travel around the room, seeing the blue themed room well furnished with a princess bed line with gold

Her eyes travel around the room, seeing the blue themed room well furnished with a princess bed line with gold. The vanity a bit across from the room, a changing screen lined next to it. A fireplace and mantle across from the bed light with a supple flame allowing a soft hue of light to encase the room. The study area next to the bed with a wall shelving filled with books and decor, with a little dining area in front all lined with gold. Positioned just above the bed, a skylight window gives way to the starry sky twinkling silent welcoming to Euphina. The room looked as if it belonged to a proper royal, with the gold lining covering every space.

Upon seeing the bed, her eyes started to droop, exhaustion settling into her bones as she groggily made her way to the bed, flopping down as soon as her knees touched the edge of the bed. " I hope tomorrow will treat me kindly." She softly spoke as her eyes fluttered shut, her consciousness slipping her mind.