Part 1- mushroom crystal

Hey! Before I start, I'd like to say a few things. If you know me in real life, do not read this without my permission 😤 I am begging (that means you Mia). I've been on Wattpad for a while, and I've gotten comfortable in my writing, but I am not caught up with the mario lore, lol. I'll mostly be basing this off fanon/headcanons, small parts of the games, and the movie because oh boy, we've all seen the trailer.

Lastly, this is a sfw fluffy fanfic. Smut makes me uncomfortable, so please don't request it. Thanks! Feel free to dm me as I'd love to make friends with anyone, and I hope you enjoy this book and enjoy the bowuigi community.

♡♡♡♡

The sun was setting with the final moments of the golden warmth hitting against Luigi's back as he stood proudly crouched above his garden. The glowing flowers leaned towards him as he pulled away at weeds, as if they had grown attached to him. Each fire flower fighting to be the closest to him. He felt their power, the magic beckoning him closer as it ran through his veins like molten lava in an active volcano.

He deeply inhaled, fresh air with a sweet smell freshening his lungs as he felt as ease. The past few days had been intense with everyone on their toes, vigilant and observant to anything out of the ordinary. Things were different for Luigi but that was because the toads were treating him like he himself was royalty. It was out of the norm for the green plumber; with being used to living in a shadow.

Mario and him had recently returned from saving the beloved ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom. Princess Peach. Her people, rather her toads, adored her. Luigi could not and wouldn't dare to question as to why her citizens were so loyal. It was clear to see she was an emblem of hope to everyone. A strong leader with a heart as sweet as her name. Her kindness was commendable and Luigi admired her, looking up to her as she welcomed him into her land.

Luigi turned to the setting sun, smiling it goodnight as the sky darkened to which Luigi began packing up his stuff and headed home. Their new home. He and his brother had stumbled across this new world accidently, being discounted with earth in the process and no way to return. They had been living in the mushroom kingdom for a month, under the guidance of Peach as she tutored them through learning to adapt to their new life. It didn't take long for them to fall in love with the place. It didn't take long for them to learn about the existence of Bowser either.

Luigi found himself strolling along the stone path back home, welcomed small mushrooms growing through the cracks, filling the roads with colour. Bowser had kidnapped princess Peach and the two brothers adventured out desperately, not giving up until they had got her back. It was after that when everyone seemed to see the red and green brothers as heroes. Toads would cheer when passing them by, giving out gifts and free pastries as grateful thanks. Luigi had found it all a bit overwhelming, often letting Mario take the praise and be the one to speak out for him. Luigi didn't mind, he didn't do it for the same or recognition; he just wanted to protect those he cared for.

A quaint house came into his vision, causing him to slow down for a moment as he looked at it. A red-roofed building surrounded by cosy homes made from mushrooms with a small garden in front of each, containing happy flowers that bobbed along with the breeze which made everything feel so lively. Luigi ran up to his shared home, swinging open the door as he called out for his brother whilst putting his gardening tools down by the assortment of shoes at the door.

"Mario? It's-a me, your brother" He beamed out, prideful to call himself the brother of the town hero. Although, he had always been that to Luigi.

He turned his head, spinning slowly as he walked deeper into the house, expecting Mario to jump out at him. No response. The man puzzled for a moment, stopping in his tracks before seeing the door of Mario's bedroom ajar. He gingerly took small steps towards the room, recalling the broken floor boards that squeaked out his presence with each step.