part 5- choices

♡♡♡

The koopaling continued dragging Luigi with a bounce in his step as if ready to jump off the walls. Luigi, with struggle, attempted to regain his step by trying to run alongside Iggy. Each pursuit would end with Luigi tumbling. His time spent here seemed to be mostly of him being tossed around by Koopas that weren't familiar with the idea of people having legs to walk places.

He hissed out every time his legs twisted, tearing at his joints when getting caught in an awkward position. His previous burns begged to be released from the grip.

"U-um..Iggy. If it's not too much trouble. Please slow down. You're hurting me. "

Luigi murmured,lacking confidence as he spoke under his breath as if he almost didn't want Iggy to hear. He was just saying it out loud, so if anyone were to question why he didn't fight back, he could say that he tried.

However, Iggy did hear. He came to a stop, his knees pausing mid spring. He let Luigis hand go, not giving any second thought to him running away. Luigi wondered if he should be pleased with Iggy trusting him or offended that he assumed he wouldn't dare run away.

Luigi stayed.

The reason for him was unknown.

Nethertheless, he cleared his throat, picking himself up as he dusted off cinders. He glanced up at Iggy, preparing to see him irritated at him for making him stop. However, Luigi wasn't expecting his head to be hung low in shame as he hid one leg behind the other.

"Papa always says my brothers and I play too rough with the younger ones." Iggy revealed." I'd always get too excited. I wouldn't pay attention and then end up hurting one of them! Like Junior the other day.."

Luigi concluded that he was comparing him to someone small like Junior. He also took note that Bowser would actually parent these kids rather than letting them do whatever.

"It makes me feel like a bad brother," Iggy confessed as Luigi made the gesture of putting his hand on Iggys shoulder to comfort the high-spirited kid.

"You aren't a bad brother for enjoying spending time with your bro. I'm sure Junior understood that you didn't mean to hurt him."

Luigi didn't know if that was true, not knowing the relationship or nature of this family, but he said what he thought might help.

"When I get really anxious in public, Mario always takes me away from the situation and helps me calm down….Here.."

Luigi paused his thoughts, taking Iggy to what seemed like a quiet turn in the hall that was overshadowed in comparison to the areas lit up by dangling candles. He went an area out-of-sight it to demonstrate what he meant, but also get away from passing guards. Luigi held Iggys hands in front of his own as he took in a deep breath,holding it before letting it go.

"Copy my breathing, focus on nothing but it." He smiled, letting Iggy get comfortable with the feeling of just him and Luigi, not knowing whether he was actually trusted by the kid or not. "Just let your breathing take control of your body,"

Iggy seemed apprehensive about listening to Luigis' advice, but after some consideration, he gave in. Breathing in with Luigi, he let his body relax as he breathed out. They stayed like that, Luigi letting the time pass in the moment.

Luigi fluttered open his eyes in blinks as Iggy stopped breathing in sync with him. He had a shy smile on his face with tinted cheeks, ashamed to be thankful as he took his hands away with a small nod.

"Thank you.." he whispered out before walking away.

Luigi fixed the cuffs around his overalls, grabbing onto his hat with a short burst in his run to catch up with Iggy. He walked alongside him, finally feeling a little bit of respect.