P r e f a c e🌹

A/N: italics represent thoughts, bold is speech.

"No! P-please, F-father No!" Jisung screamed, tears running down his cheeks as his dad bound his hands behind his back,the rope cutting into his skin and leaving long red marks apon his wrist.

"I-mphmf!" The boy's voice was cut off as a rag was tied around his face, muffling his desperate protests.

He was roughly slapped across the cheek, the force of the blow sending him reeling backwards into the wall.

Jisung bowed his head in defeat, crying silently as he wondered what was going to happen to him.

He knew from experience to always expect the worst.

Moments passed but he still didn't dare raise his head, he couldn't bear to look his father in the eye, not anymore, not after what had happened a little more than a year ago.

He stopped himself before his mind would go back down along that route, the memories were too much, it broke him every time.

Jisung knew he was pathetic, always running from his problems and his past, but what could he do, he was already a millimeter from giving up and was just clinging onto the last bit hope he had left.

"Look at me, child." The older man said with a soft, almost gentle tone but Jisung was not fooled, the boy heard the disgust and the anger, even though it was hidden deep under a fake layer of sympathy.

His father always used to bribe him, to bribe him with'love', so Jisung would obey him.

As the boy got older, he realized that every gesture of care, or concern for him was all completely fake.

But despite what Jisung knew, he still did as he was told.

Hesitantly, he lifted his gaze, fearing what he would see in the man he had probably once been proud to call his father.

"Good, now be a well-behaved son and get in the car will you?" His dad sneered, venom dripping off every syllable he spoke.

The car, where is he taking me?

Panic formed in Jisungs stomach and the familiar feeling of fear gripped him as hard as eagle's talons.

The boy shook his head frantically, backing away from the front door of the house.

His father grabbed onto his arm with an iron grip, hauling him outside.

They struggled at the doorstep for a moment before the older's patience snapped, and he grasped Jisung by his brown hair and yanked him outside, dragging him to the van, ignoring the boy's feeble struggles.

The boy looked around the neighborhood hopefully, desperate to see someone, anyone who could help him, but no one was there.

Of course no one is there.

No one ever seemed to be there for Jisung, it was like the boy was only a faint breeze in the air, one single flake of snow falling from the sky.

He might as well not exist.

The door of the van slid shut with a snap a second after he was thrusted in, the rays of light from outside disappeared, leaving Jisung with only his thoughts to keep him company in the suffocating darkness.