e l e v e n 🌪️

Jisung felt a broken memory slither its way through his mind, touching a finger to his consciousness.

He stirred in his sleep softly.

It was so torn apart, ripped up as if it had been shoved down a paper shredder and discarded into a waste paper bin of full, pure, and unblemished memories.

He could not decipher what it was, like a needle in a haystack, it hid from him.

Something happened, a few years ago, which had been completely wiped from Jisung's mind.

But some memories cannot be truly taken away, not even if you use the highest technology, or the strongest serums.

That little voice in your head, another version of you, carries all these memories, the pure and the lost.

Some people believe they can hear that voice, others pay no mind.

Some people think that voice comes from your heart, others believe it is part of your soul.

Once the poison is in your veins, that inner voice of yours is muted.

You won't even realize it, it just disappears, even your intuition would not be able to sense it again.

Like the small threads of string in a delicate lace or an intricate embroidery, for example, If you took a pair of scissors and snipped through, all could be unraveled.

But if you carefully select a few strings and cut just the right ones, everything else will be left untouched.

Someone who had never seen the artwork, won't be able to tell anything is missing.

But if they look closer, they can see the small holes in the fabric, where the threads had been cut, they may sense something is out of place, or they get that weird feeling that something isn't right.

No one will ever know how the boy was able to remember, you cannot stick small strings back together like a thick wire.

But if you took a look at the embroidery and tried to fix it, you may be able to replicate the original.

Minho was like a flame, Jisung was drawn to him like a moth, just like those years before, the two gravitated towards each other.

Here is a true memory, that voice belonging to Jisung has re-awoken, and It is finally ready to assert its dominance over the poison.

🍓·📰•🥊+🕸*🥀·🌪•🍫+🎼*🚨

Jisung hummed to himself, as he jingled his keys leisurely before unlocking the house door.

All was completely quiet, not a single noise seemed to penetrate his ears.

 Mother must be still at work then, he thought.

His mind strayed to Minho, the thought of his boyfriend's handsome face made his ears heat slightly and he smiled despite himself.

He quietly crept up the stairs, dodging all the creaking floorboards, not wanting to break the silence.

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted his mother's bedroom door ajar, it piqued his curiosity slightly as he had never really been allowed in her room.

He had never asked her out of respect, but now that the door had been left open, she wouldn't be able to tell if he sniffed around a little, right?

The squirrel-like boy may be prodded by his own guilt later on, but there was no turning back now.

He tiptoed softly to the door and poked his head through the gap.

A gasp stuck in his throat as he spotted a figure kneeling across the floor, her shoulders shuddering with every heaving breath.

Her sorrow seemed to condense into a dark cloud, hanging over the room like a ghost.

His mother's back was turned, but Jisung could hear the rustle of paper and a white envelope was sitting beside her.

The wondered, could it be the bills? No, it shouldn't be.

He and his mother were not poor, but not very rich either, ever since father had left, their family had been in a mess.

His mother one day came back home rather late and told a young Jisung she had gotten a good job.

And right after that, they no longer suffered, from the child with the tattered clothes in school, he became to look just as wealthy as every other child.

She sniffled slightly and moved to stand up, slipping the paper beneath the wardrobe, and Jisung hurriedly hid out of sight, gliding back downstairs.

He opened the door again, much louder on purpose and shouted, 

"Mom, I'm home!"

The letter:

——————-

My dear, Ms Han

I am confident you know,

Yesterday the boss was exposed, many of your colleagues are defending your position at the company, due to the fact you have hidden any proof quite well.

The debt that the Boss had promised to pay off only lasts until his death, I am sure, you know this, as it was stated quite clearly in the agreement.

You owe us, and failure to pay back before the end of the month will lead to more debt, or harsher consequences.

I warn you not to leak this letter, or I may need to pay a visit to catch up with my son after many years of separation.

Yours sincerely,

Jayson.

———————-

Jisung's memory of the letter ends here, after he had read it, everything had spiraled into chaos, and was forgotten in the storm.

The next memory is yet to awaken, but it is coming, and we must hope he is ready for it.

🪓+⚖️·🛢•🪙*❤️+🔗·🖍•🔍+💌.🎤

A/N: rather short chapter here, sorry guys! I didn't proofread so please tell me if there are any grammatical errors! <3

Take care, drink lots of water :)