t h r e e 🕸

A/N: Gosh, it's good to be back. I screeched when I saw that I had gotten a few more views, thank you so much!

(not proofread TvT)

Jisung felt himself being gently prodded awake.

The boy grumbled incoherently as he blinked open his heavy eyes, adjusting to the clear afternoon light.

It took Jisung a while to notice that he wasn't in his dad's house anymore, he turned his head from side to side, trying to find familiarity in his surroundings.

But as the squirrel-like boy's sleepiness slowly evaporated, recognition dawned on him since he spotted Bang Chan, who was looking amusedly at his tired state.

It was surprising that he managed to fall asleep after what had happened just a few hours before.

As Jisung stretched, wincing as his muscles ached, the leader spoke up sympathetically.

"Right, I'm sorry to wake you up like this but I've gotta get you adjusted to mafia life, and the first step is to understand our ways."

Oh no, I don't think I can do this, It's already so confusing, how can I ever get used to this?

Jisung nodded reluctantly anyway, but his anxiety must have somehow shown on his face because the older added, "It's okay, It isn't as bad as you think, trust me."

And he did trust Chan, so that's why he followed the other out of his bedroom and through the maze of rooms until they reached what seemed like a second meeting room.

It was a lot smaller than the other one with just a few chairs and a large whiteboard covered in writing and diagrams that was pinned securely to the wall.

The squirrel-like boy gazed around at the piles of boxes, layered on the many grey, carefully labeled cabinets that were overflowing with folders and documents.

The Australian gestured for Jisung to take a seat and the squirrel-like boy obliged, watching Chan curiously as the older flipped over a few sheets of paper which were exposed on the desk.

I wonder what they could be about.

The leader sat down next to him and started talking, jolting Jisung out of his thoughts." So the first thing that I need you to know is not to believe the rumors, well not all of them."

"Why is that?" Jisung questioned, narrowing his eyes slightly.

"Because most of them have more to it or are just completely false accusations," Chan responded, receiving a nod of acceptance from the younger.

"How about you tell me what you know about gangs, and we can continue from there?" The leader suggested.

"Sure, what I've heard is that they love fighting, stealing, and violence in general, is that much true?" Jisung blurted.

The older shifted the papers in his hands for a second, before answering.

"Well, it depends on which sort of gangs you're talking about." He paused for a moment before continuing.

"My gang, Straykids, we've not all had the best past, so at first we were a little group that shared one wish, to get revenge on the ones that harmed us."

"At first?" The younger pressed on, flashing Chan an encouraging smile since the leader seemed slightly nervous.

"After we had our vengeance, some of us still weren't satisfied, including me. So we carried on. And became a proper gang."