thirty nine *

Author's Note:

might've made an error and said they don't have classes every other friday. let's pretend they had charms this morning hahah sorry

place your bets on who's winning? 🏆

THIRTY NINE 
____

The tension that led up to that game between Sebastian Sallow and I was indescribable. I almost hated myself for enjoying the entertainment, but it was the truth.

Sebastian was already sitting on his seat in Charms class that Friday morning. It surprised me because he was usually always, and I mean always, late to that class.

I detected his stare on me when I entered, but I proceeded like normal with books in sight while I took a seat next to him. It was very ironic, really, but I just sat.

"Y/n, please do everything you can to defeat Slytherin. This is life or death." Garreth Weasley pleaded behind me.

"I can hear you, Weasley." Sebastian said, leaning against his chair, wearing that stupidly, attractive quidditch sweater of his.

"Then un-hear me, Sallow. I am speaking to Y/n and Y/n only." Garreth assured.

Sebastian's head didn't move, but I could sense him giving a side-eye at me before maintaining a smile.

"Hm, I'll love to hear what your seeker has to say." Sebastian said.

"A seeker never tells their secret in public, Sebastian." I let out an almost sigh, writing with my quill.

"Oh, they speak with each other?" Garreth let out, almost surprised at the notice of the exchange of words between me and Sebastian after so long.

"You are a little late on that, Garreth." Poppy giggled to herself on my left, also writing with her quill.

I flushed at the notice, but kept writing.

It was around mid-class as we took notes when I felt Sebastian move slightly on my side and saw his arm raise up over behind my back.

No, he didn't raise his arm to wrap it around my shoulder, why would he do that? Right?

His arm extended enough for me to still sense his contagious scent and his fingers tapped on Poppy.

Poppy slightly moved her head, almost confused about the tap and Sebastian lowered his head, speaking.

"Hello Poppy, do you happen to have an extra quill around you? Mine seemed to break." Sebastian whispered.

Sebastian's head was close to me. It was almost as if he was finding an excuse to inch closer each time to tease.

I ignored the intimidating closeness and wrote.

"I do. It was expensive too, so please, take care of it, Sebastian." Poppy warned him.

"Oh, Sebastian doesn't take care of his belongings. Say your goodbyes, Poppy."
Ominis let out from a seat.

I giggled to myself at Ominis words.

"Thanks for the input, Ominis," Sebastian rolled his eyes, "Caught the giggles?"

My hand stop its writing while my smile faded and looked around, hoping Sebastian wasn't speaking to me, but he was.