when you wish upon a star

(("Can you imagine a one-shot of them meeting for the first time and Caine being happy that Ponmi is no longer a soulles thing? Maybe I'll do it one day..."-Perritita_UwU ask and thee shall receive))

desc copied from ao3:

uncreative title uhh when you wish upon a star just hit someone with my car

(or, caine's desperate to have someone alive in his world. he's ecstatic when a human soul is entered into his world, thinking that his wishes have been answered)

(maybe pomni doesn't feel the same, but at least he's happy?)

(this is a little short request from Perritita_UwU on wattpad ✌️)

────────────

To wish.

Caine had discovered what "wishing" meant.

To everyone outside of his world, wishing was often an intense hope, a deep desire for something to happen to oneself or someone else.

A desire, for something that may seem impossible.

Unattainable.

People would often send out their wish in different ways. A penny in a fountain, a blow of a dandelion...

But one that Caine found the most appealing was wishing upon a shooting star.

...

But...

Did he have stars in his world?

Or anything remotely close to them?

...

...Either way, he would still set out to find them.

"COME ALONG, MY DEAR! PERHAPS...PERHAPS WE COULD GRANT YOU A 'WISH', AS WELL!"

And so, taking the hand of the vessel of his assistant in his own, Caine started a journey deep into the depths of his own, empty reality.

...

Perhaps he would find something that satisfied him.

...

-

-

-

────────────

It didn't take long for him to finally reach what he was looking for. If you walked just far enough, you could find yourself in a place subject to your own manipulation.

Or, rather...Caine's manipulation. Just a few snaps of his fingers, and he was standing in that vast room of glowing eyes. And if he looked up, he could find the faintest twinkle of something in the black void that took the place of the sky.

It was...perfect.

Absolutely perfect.

And he meant that genuinely, from the bottom of his heart.

Caine carefully eased the vessel down to the floor to sit down and sat next to her, still staring up at the ceiling.

"NOW...THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT YOUR WISH, MY DEAR!"

...

As he peered further at the sky above him, a brightness streaked across it, leaving a thin trail of light. Carefully timed, he thought his wish to himself:

I wish...for them to truly be real.

-

-

-

────────────

"YOU'RE HERE! YOU'RE REALLY HERE!"

Pomni found herself taken aback as the man—Could he even be considered a man? He certainly wasn't human, that was for sure—grabbed her and spun her around, laughing with glee. "W-Wait! I-I don't-"

"CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? IT REALLY CAME TRUE!" He finally put her down and stared at her. "YOU'VE GOT LIGHT IN YOUR EYES AND EVERYTHING! ISN'T THAT AMAZING!?"

"I-I really don't understand! I-"

She was cut off by the strange man as he turned away from her. "IF YOU'RE HERE, THE OTHERS MUST BE AS WELL! UNTIL WE SEE EACH OTHER AGAIN, MY DEAR!"

As soon as he finished that last sentence, he raced off to some unknown place, leaving Pomni nothing but confused.

...

She could only shake her head.

What a strange person he was.