keep your head up!

desc copied from ao3:

(decided to combine the requests from Lookaloo7, DasherFan, and Perritita_UwU because they were generally similar so like . yeah)

"this tea is good what kind is it"

"i boiled gatorade"

(or, pomni and ragatha have a little chat about things?)

(i love ragatha i need her gender immediately she is amazing. dies)

(AS IM CURRENTLY FUCKING WRITING THIS THERE'S ANOTHER ONE ALREADY I'M YELLING. MY HEART CAN'T HANDLE A THING.)

────────────

"...Didn't it kind of hurt back there?"

Pomni looked down at the empty toy teacup in her hand as she spoke, studying the worn, chipping details printed upon the plastic.

Just a moment ago, Ragatha had grabbed her by the hand and lead her to some unknown area in the depths of the circus. She'd insisted on the duo having "girl time" to themselves, as if it was a perfectly normal thing to do despite the catastrophic series of events that occurred prior.

The doll looked up from her own cup she was 'drinking' (the group had yet to discover running water in the circus, so they simply pretended for the time being) from. "Hm? What d'ya mean, Pomni?"

"Well, I mean...you kind of got...um..."

The jester trailed off, darting her eyes to the cleaver that lay beside Ragatha's hand.

"Oh! You mean me getting hit in the head?" She said with a smile, placing down the plastic toy and running a finger along the part of her forehead where a weapon once protruded.

"Nah, not really! And besides-" Pomni flinched as she picked up the cleaver and began to spin it around in place, "-I kinda consider this to be a bit lucky!"

Pomni could barely hide the curiosity in her voice as she opened her mouth to question her.

"...Lucky?"

"Yeah! Y'know, you just gotta look on the bright side of things, Pomni! A whole bunch of good stuff can come from something bad! Like, for example..."

Ragatha paused to throw the cleaver into the air, then swiftly caught it by the handle as it fell. "If this didn't get thrown at me, I wouldn't have gotten to keep it! And..."

With a grin, she stood up and walked over to Pomni, taking a hold of her hand in both of hers.

"...If I didn't get stuck here, I wouldn't have met someone like you! So...keep your head up, Pomni! I'm sure we can find a way out of here!"

She opened her functioning eye, tilting her head to the side as she beamed down at the jester. "Do you believe me?"

...

Pomni managed to give a smile in return as she looked up at Ragatha.

"...Yeah..."

Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to take her word for it.