thought i would go see a movie

song based (dies)

desc from ao3:

he's watching barbenheimer

(or, kinger watches a movie.)

(that's it. that's the fic.)

(fic burnout is kind of fucking me up the ass so here's a break from requests to try and study this bitch man.)

sorry for dying for like a month or something. i got burnt out and physically ill when i tried to write. hope you guys can understand me ghosting you all from oneshots for weeks

────────────

"...I'm watching a movie."

...

That's what Kinger had insisted upon when Pomni found him sitting alone in that dark, empty room, his misaligned eyes wide and gazing ahead into the abyss.

"...Are...Are you...sure?-"

"Yes." He quickly replied to her, his voice almost raspy as he motioned to the seat next to him.

"...Would you care to join me, Pomni?"

"I-I-"

"Come. Sit." He repeated the motion, a note of desperation now evident in his tone.

"Please, feel free to join me."

"..."

Pomni gave a quick glance to the darkness before them, then quietly sat herself next to Kinger as the chair made a soft creak underneath her.

For a moment after that they both sat in silence, the only sound being the shifting of the jester in her seat and Kinger's soft, shallow breathing as he continued to watch the 'movie' in front of the two.

...

"...You know, it's strange."

The folded hands in his lap soon clasped together as he broke the silence between them, and Pomni watched as his posture began to slump forward ever so slightly.

"Even if I'm alone...even if he isn't here, it still feels as if he's staring right at me." Kinger said, his gaze still fixed towards the shadows as he squeezed his left hand with his right.

"...Why can't he just leave me alone already?"

Pomni looked up at him once he asked that, her mouth open as she made an attempt to formulate a response, before closing her mouth without a word.

The cloaked being sighed, relaxing his grip as he sat up straight again.

"...I don't think he'll ever hear what I have to say, will he? He's never been the type to take the time to slow down and listen to someone for once, like a human being."

Kinger finally turned to look down at the jester, and as she met his gaze, she found a glimmer of a soft somberness in his once wide, fear-filled eyes.

"Perhaps that lack of communication is what caused all this."

He gave a small, sad chuckle as he spoke, tilting his head up to gaze at the pitch-black ceiling above the two.

"...Isn't the sky beautiful tonight, Pomni?"

...

"...I..."

Kinger tilted his head back forward with closed eyes, his hands returning to their original position on their lap.

"...I must be delusional at this point." He said, opening his eyes as he turned his attention to the shadows as quickly as he broke the silence.

"Let's just keep watching the movie. This is my favorite part, after all."

────────────

if i can't write a caine/pomni ship fic without running headfirst into a wall then fuck it this chess man is going to suffer instead . also im working on a jax and ragatha fic right now so like eat up the writing while you can bc it's gonna take a pretty long time for the next one