bloom

an au for tadc!??!?!

desc from ao3:

so like dollar store flowertale/fell

(or, an au pitch i have that has yet to be developed until the pilot actually comes out. i do not care if the show isn't even out i will hold onto this idea until i die gooseworx)

(i'm a sucker for flower horror, to be honest)

if we were to assume the cast we have is immortal in the digital avatars, what if every time they "died" or were injured, flowers grew in their wounds? and what if these flowers existed for a reason that has yet to be explained?

(and yes, this includes everyone. even caine. surprising, i know, but i feel like our ringmaster has something to hide.)

the flowers have yet to be selected, but pomni is (subject to change) represented by poppies, and caine is represented by gardenias. (gardenias are a bit of a reference to one of the inspirations for tadc haha)

────────────

What a peculiarity.

A single red flower had appeared upon Pomni's head in the place a knife once was. It wasn't a particularly large one, just big enough for its petals to cover the gash that lay there.

But what was it doing there? As she tried to brush it away, she found that it still remained in its place.

...That...that's...odd.

Thinking that to herself, she poked the flower and winced a bit at the stinging pain that came from it.

...

Wait...stinging? Pain? Flowers weren't supposed to hurt, were they?

Leaning closer to the mirror, she slid two fingers underneath the petals and winced as she pulled from the base of the flower, then opened her eyes again as she stared at it in her hand.

...

A bright red blossom, the roots small and wiry with tiny red tips.

...Was...was that growing...in me?

...

Sighing, she threw the flower aside as she examined the reopened wound in the mirror.

Things are just getting stranger for me here, aren't they?