↳˗ˏˋᴛʜᴏᴜ ꜱʜᴀʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜱ ᴍɪɴᴇˊˎ˗ ↴

Note: This fic was made using the prompt list on my tumblr. This takes place in the late 90s/early 2000s it fits best with people's characters. The reader is also Christian's younger sibling. There's a twist towards the end
Paring: Jeff Hardy x Gn!Reader
Summary: Jeff gets jealous about someone talking and touching HIS baby.
Prompt: #15 "I don't fucking care. You're supposed to be mine."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
Jeff was not one to be anything but nice to people. It's how he was raised to be. However, those feelings flew out the window when it happened. What is it? Well, "it" is when he sees someone touching and talking to HIS baby in a way he knows is meant to be flirty or so he thinks.

Now, who's Jeff's baby? Well, that's simple baby Cage aka you. You were called baby Cage due to being the younger sibling of one Christian Cage. Anyways you are the most important person to Jeff. You are his best achievement. He never thought he'd get you to date him when you are more attractive and way out of his range, at least those were his words. Of course, that was something you and Jeff would argue about when brought up since neither of you could agree.

You have never seen Jeff get jealous so you believed he wasn't the kind of person that got jealous but that changed. To you, the conversation you were having with Edge was normal and common for your friendship but Jeff didn't know this. Jeff thought Edge was flirting with you. How? by the sly smirk on Edge's face and the way, his hand was resting on your arm.

This made Jeff feel something he hasn't felt in a long time. Jealousy. Let's just say jealous Jeff is actually likely to fight someone. Now Jeff tried to stay calm. He watched you and Edge, well more Edge than you. The glare on his face was obvious to anyone who could see.

Now Jeff could walk over to you and Edge and make it clear that you two are together but there's one small problem with that. You and Jeff hadn't gone public so he couldn't. Except Jeff had a plan. Once better than just going over to you. Let's just say Jeff's plan was definitely going to get him yelled at by you.

Jeff walked to the gorilla and told the people there to play his music. They knew something was going to happen so they did. Jeff went out and straight to the ring and gestured for a mic. Once he got one he looked around for a minute before starting a rant about certain things. One of those was people flirting with you but he didn't directly mention you. Regardless of his feelings, he was going to try his hardest and keep the relationship private.

Matt and Christian ran to where you and Edge were once they saw what Jeff was doing. Matt was the first one to say anything. He didn't say much just "Jeff is in the ring, go stop him before he says too much." Christian grabbed Edge and pulled him out of earshot so they could talk, but that was not important.

Just like Jeff, you quickly went to the gorilla and told them to play your music but you didn't even wait. Once you walked out from backstage you immediately ran to the ring. The announcers and the fans were confused about what was going on. The first thing you say since coming out was "Jeff what is this all about?" Jeff wanted to say the truth but knew if he did then he was going to be in a lot of trouble. Jeff thought about what to say and decided to just say fuck it and deal with getting yelled at back stage.

Jeff was about to answer a lot of questions just by saying what he has been thinking. Jeff looks you directly in the eyes, the anger and jealousy being clear in his, and said "I don't fucking care. You're supposed to be mine." It all made sense now. Jeff was ranting about Edge being flirty with you and his anger about the situation with saying any names, the fans also figured this out. Looks like the cat is out of the bag.

Before you could say anything Edge and Christian came out with smiles that looked like they belong to Chester the cat. Jeff was confused but you knew what was about to happen. Edge was the first to say anything but it was directed to Christian "Well, would you look at that? Our plan worked." Christian nodded and turned his attention to you and Jeff.

"Little sib, did you really think you and him were doing a good job at hiding your relationship? Well, dear sib it was very obvious to anyone with a brain and two eyes. Maybe next time don't stare and drool over each other every time you're in a room filled with people." It was clear by his smile it was meant in a teasing way.

The two waved then turned and went backstage leaving you and a very embarrassed Jeff in the ring. You quickly got Jeff's attention and then rushed up the ramp and backstage. Jeff refused to look anywhere but at the floor. Of course, waiting behind the curtain were Christian and Edge looking at you and Jeff.

This time Christian spoke "I don't care that you two are together, I just would appreciate being told that my little sib is in a relationship with someone I trust. Just don't make me regret it Hardy." Jeff finally looked up and at Christian "I won't. I don't plan on doing anything to hurt them." That made Christian and told him what he needed to know.

Edge and Christian shared a look, silently communicating about something. At times like this, you believed they could communicate telepathically, but less than a minute later Edge looked at Jeff and shocked him "Oh by the way you don't have to worry about me taking little Cage from you. I've had my eye on a different cage for a while now and that isn't going to change."

With that Christian and Edge turned and headed for their locker room. Jeff looked at you and summed up his and your feelings "Don't get me wrong your brother and Edge are cool but I think they did go a little crazy". You had to agree with him. You and Jeff just decided to spend the rest of the day relaxing after explaining a little about the situation that happened in the ring, but at the end of the day everyone was happy and that's what mattered.
⊱ ────────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───────── ⊰

Have fun, have a good day/nice, and take care of yourself, you are important. Peace - Lunarッ