11, Free Falling

"Jump???" Zala gasped.

"It's the only way we can get out of here. Besides, there's an airbag down there." Bojan responded.

"Sherman's coming fast!" Serhet cried

"Well it looks like we have no other choice." Mark responded.

"I'm.... I'm scared." Zala quivered.

"You can go after some of us go so you'll know it's safe." Filip assured Zala.

"I'll go first." Nace volunteered. He stepped on the edge of the building. He bent his knees and leapt, landing on the airbag safely.

One by one, everyone went. Jan, Kris, Bojan, Žiga, then Mark. The more people jumped, the more scared Zala became.

"Do you want to go?" Filip asked Zala.

"I'm nervous..." Zala trembled.

"How about this, I'll go, and if I make it down there, you go after me." Filip smiled, knowing Zala would do it if he did it.

"O-okay." Zala trembled

Filip stepped up to the edge of the balcony. He looked down, bent his knees, and jumped. He landed safely.

"Zala! You have to come down now!" Mark cried.

"I-I can't!" Zala trembled.

"You got this, Ze!" Bojan encouraged Zala. Zala looked down at everyone below her. She knew the time to jump was now. She bent her knees and leapt from the balcony. Before she could get far, she felt someone grab her arm and pull her back. It was Sherman!

"ZALA!" Žiga cried. Zala realized she was caught in Sherman's grasp. She tried to pull herself off of him, then she realized that if she tried anything, she'd fall to her death.

Without giving it a second thought Filip jumped from the airbag and ran towards the building. He knew he had to save Zala.

"Fičo, what are you doing???" Bojan gasped.

"I'm going up there to save Zala. I'm not losing her too!" Filip trembled.

"How will you get to her?" Mark quivered.

"There's a ladder on the side by the balcony. I'll climb that up!" Filip said.

"Fičo, no! You'll fall!" Žiga responded, clearly concerned.

"I have to!" Filip sighed before beginning to climb the ladder. He began to climb fast, and before everyone knew it, Filip was halfway up the ladder.

"We have to follow him! Žiga, come on!" Mark encouraged. Without hesitation, Mark and Žiga ran towards the ladder.

The ladder began to rattle and shake. Filip realized this and almost slipped a few times, but he knew that he had to get to Zala. That's when he noticed Mark and Žiga had followed him.

"What are you guys doing?" Filip raised his voice in shock.

"If we go down, we go down together." Žiga responded. Filip hesitated.

"Well I guess I can't stop you two. We have to hurry!" Filip reminded them. When the looked up, they noticed Sherman holding something with the hand he wasn't holding Zala with!

....

Zala was still hanging from Sherman's grasp over the balcony. She felt uneasy as Sherman held her.

"You have no idea who you're messing with..." Sherman cackled.

"Why? Why can't you just stop?" Zala quivered in fear.