𝖶𝗁𝗈'𝗌 𝖩𝗈𝖽𝖾𝖼𝗂?

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"I think this is a bad idea, Slim," nervously spoke Sana'a in a whisper. Her cold breath could be seen in the night air as she stood shivering outside the small building, surveying her surroundings occasionally as she clutched a large book against her chest.

"You think everything is a 'bad idea,'" Sage retorted, scoffing. She rolled her eyes at her sister and continued picking the lock using a handy bobby pin she purchased from the beauty supply store for this special event.

The anxious woman bit her dry bottom lip, watching intentively as the woman in a crouched position carefully turned the lock-picking object in a specific manner—clockwise.

Instead of being at home cozied up in her bed watching old rom-com flicks and eating a bowl of popcorn, Sana'a is standing outside a small, independent library in the late hours waiting to get inside—illegally.

She started regretting going along and being an accomplice to this crime thought of by her older sister, but she didn't want her going out by herself, being that it was twelve 'o clock in the morning.

Also, she didn't want to hear her mother's mouth if Sage got into some shit and she wasn't there to stop it.

The uneasy teen looked to the right and left quickly—thinking she saw someone in her peripheral vision down the narrow trip walkway.

"What if we get caught?" She asked, hovering over her sister's short frame as she watched what she was doing closely.

All her paranoid mind could think of was hearing the store's set alarms going off as soon as they went inside and the police wasting no time coming to the scene with their large dogs, weapons, and handcuffs getting ready to arrest they black asses, charging them for breaking and entering.

Sage had her tongue sticking out partially towards the side as she was concentrating on picking the lock to the door for the building, "Well if you so scared, how about you wait your scary ass in the car—aha!" she rejoiced as she heard a loud click.

Sana'a eyes widened in shock as the old door popped open, making an eery creaking noise in the process.

Her older sister happily walked inside—before halting in her steps and turning around quickly on her heels and making a confused expression.

"Are you coming? Cause if not, you can hand me the book and wait out there 'til I'm done."

Sana'a gulped—contemplating whether it was a good idea to go inside. Maybe she should just be looking out—and make some loud birdcall noise to warn Sage of someone's presence, insinuating to hurry up with whatever she's doing and get out of there immediately.

Instead of following her instincts, which were nine times out of ten correct, the stressed girl exhaled deeply and dragged her feet along the entrance—walking inside the dark building.

She shivered once she made it fully inside—due to the bookstore being closed and empty of customers and workers, there was no need for the heat to be on raising the bill.

As they walked along the hardwood flooring, Sana'a couldn't help but to examine the decorative interior in front of her with surprise.