𝘈𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵-𝘮𝘦-𝘯𝘰𝘵

₊̣̇

₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*˟̑ෆ.

DeVante quickly moved his hand over the sticky note while his pen created words. He sunk his lips unintentionally while concentrating on what he wanted to write.

Light knocks sounded at the door. Even though he heard them, his writing utensil continued to glide.

Dalvin's opening of the door caused the object to creak. He popped his head into the room. "Yo, De."

Without facing him, DeVante greeted him. He motioned for his brother to come in. "Wassup." He motioned for his brother to enter. "What you doing here so early?"

Dalvin sat on the rolling chair beside him and scooted up, positioned in front of the studio equipment. An idea came to his mind from eyeing all the mechanics, causing a smirk to form. Before he could execute it, a stern nasal voice intervened.

"Don't even think about it."

He sucked his teeth. "Man, whatever."

Devante resumed his previous actions once the room briefly became silent.

"And to answer your question." Dalvin spun around in his seat. "Summer left me to go shopping, K's not answering his phone, and JoJo banned me from coming over to his crib for a month, so the only person left to bother was you. I would ask you the same thing, but you're always here before the ass crack of dawn."

He looked over to see a bunch of sticky notes scattering the soundboard, and the individual still jotting down words on one of them, not paying him any mind. Whenever DeVante was in the zone, he was in his world, and no one could bother him.

"What you writin'?"

He lifted from his hunch position and relaxed into the chair to give him his attention. "Tryna rush and write down some rules and everyday errands for our new assistant. She should be here in another hour."