𝘖𝘣𝘴𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘐

Ann: Sorry, but I can't start a Jodeci imagines without it being in high school and Dalvin being the lead. It's a tradition.

Dal To The ! ‧₊

↳ Dal To The ! ༉‧₊

'Why you so obsessed with me'?

'Girl I wanna know' . . .

Monday, May 13th, 1988
TeddysVille High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
8:15 A.M.
━━━━━━━━━━━

Dalvin settled his body against the rusty red lockers as he continuously talked his friend JoJo's head off about prom—a formal high school event for seniors, getting the chance to ask out the girl/guy of your dreams, dress up in nice suits and dresses, and dance the night away in your school's gymnasium sipping on red punch, that may, or may not be spiked.

"I can't wait until prom, JoJo," the boy exclaimed as he showed off a broad smile, "Imma have the flyest fit and everything. These niggas can't and won't be able to compete with me!"

JoJo didn't say a word in response to Dalvin's rant. Instead, he continued searching inside his locker for his biology book. Once he found it, he shut his locker and turned the combination around to lock it correctly.

"I don't know what color suit I want, maybe red or blue—no, that's too extra, maybe brown? Nah, too dirty, orange? That is my favorite color after all," Dalvin said, his deep thoughts out loud, biting his bottom lip while he deciphered a color.

The boy across from him presented a blank expression, showing his disinterest in the conversation, and clutched the heavy book.

"Maybe I'll just stick to the classic and do black. What you think?"

Joel stared at him for a few more seconds before simply responding, "I don't know."

Honestly, JoJo could care less for the high school tradition. He thought it was a meaningless one-night event that consisted of people flaunting and flexing their rented outfits to embarrass themselves as they fought for the title of prom King or Queen. He planned to stay at home and watch reruns of Sanford & Son.

"I could just ask Kamryn what she wants to wear," Dalvin slickly said, slightly smiling unintentionally after mentioning the girl's name.