Like it better

Jimin's Pov

Jimin's patience was wearing thin as he mentally cursed the seemingly endless day. He pondered his options: should he get in the car with this man? Around him, he always had to be cautious, which piqued his curiosity. This man didn't act like a bodyguard, constantly ordering him around. On the other hand, the pouring rain made it impossible to get home without falling sick. However, Jimin's stubborn self concluded that he didn't care about getting wet, and he chose to ignore the other man, starting to walk again with haste.

The brunette revved the engine, capturing Jimin's attention and drawing curious glances from passersby seeking shelter from the rain. "Stupid nosy people," Jimin thought. He turned to the man, frustration evident, "I don't want to go with you. Don't bother yourself with me." He expected the man to drive away or perhaps force him into the car, but what came next sent shivers down his spine.

"Princess," the man sneered, "you weigh less than the air, and you're 5 ft nothing. Don't tempt me to toss you over my shoulder and do things you wouldn't prefer, but I'd rather enjoy." There was a tight, mocking smile mixed with lust and fury in the man's sapphire eyes. Jimin was left gaping, unable to respond. He reluctantly opened the car door and got in, feeling warmth wash over him as the car's interior was moderately warm, a stark contrast to the cold man beside him.

"These seats are nappa leather," the brunette muttered as he set off on the road.

Jimin retorted with sass, "And my shirt is silk."

"What?" the brunette questioned, looking at him quizzically.

"I thought we were naming fabrics that no one gave a shit about," Jimin rolled his eyes, thoroughly irked by the man. The man's gaze lingered on Jimin's lips and exposed collarbones a bit too long to be deemed safe and then he refocused on the road, smirking.

Jimin, annoyed, gazed out the window. The man was driving slower than usual, and if it was due to the rain, it was oddly amusing that he cared about being cautious. Jimin's shirt had started to dry, and he finally felt a bit at ease.

The air was charged with tension as the deep voice of the brunette sliced through the car's interior. He demanded, "Who were you with? Dressed like that." Jimin's irritation flared, and he retorted, "I don't think it's any of your business."

A hint of menace laced the man's response, as he stated, "Princess, I don't recall giving you a say in what concerns me." His words carried an unusual calm, tinged with an indescribable undercurrent.

Jimin's patience wore thin, and he snapped back, "Stop using that ridiculous name. I haven't granted you that privilege."

An arched eyebrow was his only reply as the man continued to drive. The journey was uneventful, and they eventually arrived at the Park mansion, where the security staff seemed accustomed to the man. Before Jimin could step out of the car, the man initiated a conversation.

"Let me reiterate, you don't have the right to say anything in my presence that I haven't approved. Anything that could potentially anger or disrespect me is off-limits. You don't get to make decisions or assumptions on my behalf, and you certainly don't get to dictate what I call you. Do we understand each other, Princess?" The audacity of this man left Jimin momentarily speechless.