Strawberry

Alternating POV :

A month had passed since that eventful day, and Taemin had been nothing but understanding and considerate towards Jimin, granting him the space he needed and refraining from pressing further or harboring resentment. Their work collaboration had brought them together more often, and Taemin had even orchestrated casual lunches to foster a bond. Jimin couldn't deny that he appreciated the effort – he was finally willing to give someone a chance, albeit in the realm of friendship.

However, the roar of an engine disrupted his contemplation. He couldn't forget the persistent bodyguard who seemed to have taken up residence in his family mansion, always lurking. Jimin had this nagging thought that he might one day ask to move into his apartment – he was clingy yet distant, a mystery with a penchant for secrecy, and Jimin still didn't know his full name.

"I have my own car," Jimin hissed, his temples throbbing with frustration. The bodyguard blew out a plume of smoke from his concealed face, his sharp sapphire eyes the only visible feature beneath the haze.

"Princess, get in, unless you want to be carried in," he smirked with a knowing glint in his eyes. Jimin's cheeks flushed with the memory of the day he'd been hoisted onto the bodyguard's shoulder in front of a crowd and unceremoniously dumped into the car.

"I don't want to go with you," Jimin retorted stubbornly. Jeongguk, visibly irritated, rolled his eyes, and heaved himself out of the car, his jaw tensed, and a vein pulsating in his neck.

"Why do you enjoy causing so much trouble? Just get in," Jeongguk snapped, his commanding presence undeniable. The tension in the air grew, making the scene even more enticing.

"I'm exhausted with you. I can't go where I want; you baby me every time. Nothing would happen to me; I've been fine until now," Jimin's voice quivered, his teary eyes locking onto Jeongguk's, his lip bitten to stifle the tears. It was a side of Jimin he'd never shown anyone, but he no longer cared.

"Okay," Jeongguk replied, nonchalantly turning away to return to his car. Jimin stood there, dumbfounded, struggling to process the abrupt change – no more forcing him to stay.

"Really?" Jimin exclaimed with excitement, racing to hug Jeongguk's arm as he paused.

"Yes, really," Jeongguk confirmed, his eyes glinting with a hint of mischief. He pushed Jimin's forehead away with two fingers .Jimin's elation was short-lived.

"Actually, change of plans. You're coming with me," Jeongguk declared as he swiftly hoisted Jimin onto his shoulder, leaving no room for Jimin to react. Jeongguk's grip was tight, his fingers dangerously close to Jimin's ass, tantalizingly near but not quite touching.

He deposited Jimin in the car, locking the door behind him. Jimin, his eyes glassy, hissed, "You leave bruises on my skin. Don't touch me again."

Jeongguk fixed him with a challenging gaze, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips. "Put on your seatbelt, or do you want me to do that for you too?" Jimin abruptly put on his seatbelt.

"Why do you hate me so much?" Jimin inquired, genuinely curious about the root of Jeongguk's rough and cold demeanor towards him.

Jeongguk's response was as plain as ever. "You think my personality has something to do with you? Get off from your high horse."

Ignoring the retort, Jimin shifted his attention to the car's interior and began to ask questions, receiving nothing but monosyllabic responses.

Jeongguk, growing increasingly irritated by Jimin's chatter, occasionally stole glances at him. Jimin, in those moments, resembled a curious kitten with wide, inquisitive eyes and glossy lips forming perfect 'O' shapes. When Jeongguk had claimed that Jimin wasn't his type, he hadn't lied. Jimin could exude an air of masculinity on other occasions, but when his guard was down, his doll-like features shone through. There was a certain allure to the way he appeared when not in his office attire or during business meetings or to be precise when his guard wasn't up and his lips were truly captivating. Jeongguk found himself entertaining a fleeting desire, more out of curiosity than necessity.