XV

"You piece of shit, Hikarino!" Shoto scolded and hit the said male. "You brought yourselves to me when he fucking hates my guts?!"

Like a puppy, Hikarino looked down on the floor. "Sorry, you were the only one I could think who could help."

After attacking Shu with a temporary bolt of electricity on the back of his neck, Hikarino swiftly took Y/n out from the apartment to seek shelter to hide in. It resulted him in only trusting Shoto as the other options..

Hikarino thought of Ike Eveland to help him and y/n to hide but knowing how close Shu is with him and his group of friends, Ike, Luca, Vox and Mysta were out of the question.

He also thought of Kanekuro, his lover. But the same reasoning from Ike would apply to Eki because he's loyal to Tenshi and Tenshi is honest to Vox. So they're out of it too.

Lastly, Sonny Brisko, Y/n's lover and fiancé. Seeing as how he's a police officer, Hikarino would have killed himself if he were to ever bring himself and y/n there. He's an officer and a coworker of Shu so that crossed out.

"You should have called me or used your shikigami shit- Fuck. I look like I harbour some illegal immigrants!"

Y/n sat quietly looking at the shorter male scolding her brother. The whole scene unfolded to be a bit too scary for her so she looked somewhere else.

Her eyes laid on the bookshelf Shoto has in the living room. There were books, figurines and picture framed of her and him. It makes sense though as she now remembers that he is indeed her lover.

"And Y/n." Shoto called out to her, almost in an angry matter too. He stared at her for a bit with angry eyes before developing her into warm soft hug. "Now do you trust me?"

"Um.. yeah, I guess?" Shortly after, Shoto parted from her as much as he didn't want to. "I'm sure you have a lot of questions-"

"A lot. Many. An ocean of questions." Y/n blurted out. "What does the company my brother works at does?"

Shoto looked at Hikarino with a raised brow. "You never told her? Not even a single tiny thing? Some brothers you bastards are.."

"Please reduce cursing in front of my sister, she cursed earlier and the influence isn't likeable." Hikarino responded with instead.

Taking the response as a 'no', Shoto took a deep breath wanting to explain to her what Nijisanji does.

Hikarino stops him from engaging the conversation. "Sorry but what the company does isn't important. I need Shu to stop looking for us." He stated.

"R-Right.. that's much important." Shoto's face became red from embarassement. After he calmed down, he cleared his throat. "Right, so how are we going to get Shu to stop this red flag behaviour?"

Hikarino placed a finger under his chin. "There's only one way but it affects me too.."

Y/n wanting to help, perked up. "What do we need to do?" Her voice filled with passion.

"Do you remember how I always treat your headaches with a finger on your forehead?" Y/n nods at her brother's question, confused. "That's a method how Shu and I got rid of your memories."

Feeling betrayed again, Y/n bit her lower lip out of anxiousness. "How many times have this had happened to me..?"

"More than ten," Hikarino's eyes softened, it looked like he was apologising. "He directed me to do so. I'm sorry, y/n."

Y/n shook her head. "It's alright nii-chan. You did what he told you to, you were afraid of the consequences."

Hikarino with a monotonous face, threatened his tears to not flow down. "Th-That's right. I'm your nii-chan," Y/n rolled her eyes. "That's what you got from all that?"

Shoto smiled at the scene in front of him. Test subjects from Nijisanji were scarily human and real. Hell, he has to admit it's real, he dated y/n.

"Right, so should we call backup for help when things go wrong?" Y/n asked the two.

Hikarino and Shoto knowing who she meant, both narrowed their eyes. "No."

"Aw, come on.. He'll listen to me! Promise!!" She begged with wide eyes.

Shoto and Hikarino both exchanged looks, silently discussing to each other with their bestie intuition. "Fine. But he has to come alone." Shoto said.

Y/n smiled happily at the answer and gave Shoto a big hug. "Thank you, thank you! I won't let you both down!"