Side Story: IV

Hikarino frowned all the way to the reception of the daycare. Shoto on the other hand was thrilled because Y/n said it could help the two more on giving strategies to help take care of the twins.

"Your names please," the beautiful, kind lady ask.

Hikarino let Shoto do all the talking. "Hanamori Shoto and Hikarino Shu," the shorter male replied with a smile.

The lady types it in and asked for the twins' names to which again, Hikarino let's Shoto answer.

"Are you two dating by any chance?"

"Ah, n-no! We're not-"

The lady gasped, her hand covering her own mouth. "I'm sorry.."

Shoto relaxed thinking she was done assuming his relationship with his roommate.

"You both are engaged!" She pointed at the ring Shoto has, assuming Hikarino gave it.

Which was true but Hikarino only gave it because it matched him, it had no other meaning. No other meaning!

Shoto stammered again. How is he going to tell the desk lady that they're roommates who have no romantic feelings to each other at all?

Before Shoto could interject, Hikarino who was impatient, glared at her. "Excuse me but it is so rude for you to assume our relationship."

Hearing Hikarino saying that, Shoto lets out a quiet sigh of relief. "I'll have you know that my husband and I are very much married."

Shoto jumped at the added statement. "What-"

"I'm so sorry, sir! I didn't think you two would be onto that stage yet but I guess you are married after all." The lady peeked to the other side of her desk to the stroller. "They don't really look much like you, who is the mother?"

Hikarino took a sharp breath in. "My-"

Shoto knew he had to get him out of there. "Okay you have our names, we'll be going to the class now. Thank you!" He pulls Hikarino away whilst he pushes the baby stroller where the twins were probably listening to the conversation at.

"Couldn't you be a bit nicer?" Shoto mumbled at Hikarino.

"Was she nice?"

"No.. also why did you lie?! I got it perfectly under control!" The taller male shrugged as a response. It infuriates Shoto, his roommate is so annoying!

Hikarino smirked but it soon fell. "What the heck are you doing here?" He glared at someone.

Shoto followed his gaze, eyes widened. Vox was standing with his hair up, wearing a cute pastel bear apron.

Shoto can't lie, he looks hot.

Almost like a dadd-

"I work here part-time, I got accepted two days ago." Vox shrugged with a smirk on his face.

Hikarino rolled his eyes. "Tch."

"Box!" Levi exclaimed.

"Vox, Box is my brother." The ravenette gently corrected the active boy while booping his nose. "Did your mama send you here?" The blonde boy nodded happily.

"Toto and uncle Rino take us!"

"Wording Shikanoin.." Hikarino sighed. "We were suggested to be here by my sister." The purple highlighted ravenette answered with no interest.

"Y/n said we have no idea how to take care of kids so she gave us an idea to be here."

"Funny, Sonny sent me here for work a month ago to sign up as a teacher." At the mention of their parents name being said, the twins beamed in joy.

The three got quiet and connected the dots together.

"They set us up!" Vox gasped.

Shoto's shoulders dropped. "They don't trust us enough?"

"I hate being with you both." Hikarino outright said when the three said their thoughts aloud together.

Shoto sighed, he fell on the couch. He was tired of being in a room full of kids half the day.

"They're taking a nap." Hikarino says, taking a seat on the other side of the couch.

There was silence between them, Hikarino took quick glances on Shoto's ring finger. He wanted to ask why he kept it.

"You know you can just say it right? I can see you." Shoto teased.

Hikarino looked away to hide his red face when he got caught. "R-Right.. why did you keep it?"

Shoto looked at the ring and admired it. "It's pretty and it's from you. I kept other things you gave me, you know."

"..Really?" Hikarino slowly turned to Shoto who nodded enthusiastically.

"I kept the necklaces, hoodie, pillow, perfume, dog plushie..." he goes on to list the things he kept which was everything.

"Okay, okay! Stop that.." Hikarino shuts Shoto's mouth closed. He still hasn't looked at him in the eyes, he's too embarrassed.

Shoto took the hand Hikarino used to shut him up. "Can I ask.. what happened between you and Kanekuro?" He leaned in.

"Don't say his name ever again please."

"Aw, come on! I'm your roommate and your best friend!" Shoto placed both his hands on Hikarino's cheeks to make him look at him. "Tell me."

Unable to resist his stubborn roommate, Hikarino rolled his eyes and prepares himself to say it.

"He wanted me to move in with him but I declined.." He bit his lower lip, painfully remembering that day. "I wanted to stay with you." Hikarino placed one of his hand on Shoto's hand and the other to his cheek.

"..what?"

Hikarino realises what he said so he pulled away from the close hold. "I-I wanted to stay with you because you're the closest thing that's- I mean! You and Y/n are close so I have to keep an eye on you to check if you're causing trouble or not!"

"Your face is red.." Shoto pointed out.

"What?! No, it's not." Hikarino held his own cheeks. It was getting hotter. "I-I must be sick, I'll be in my room."

Shot huffed, crossing his arms. "You know that my room is your room too right?"

"Move out!"

"You're the one who wanted me to be your roommate!" Shoto reminded him on the time Hikarino begged.

"Agh! Just sleep on the couch for today, okay?" Hikarino stood up.

Shoto grabbed his wrist before he could leave. "What the fuck? Hikarino what the hell is wrong with you?"

"What the hell is wrong with me? I can't believe I like you!" Hikarino closed his eyes shut, finally confessing.

"Huh?"        ‎      "Oh."