neend

Abhimanyu pressed the side of his face deeper into his pillow as the rays of sunlight seemed keen to infiltrate his room and ruin his sleep. Abhimanyu needed control, most of his life he had been called a control freak. He always needed to have control over his emotions and his surroundings to find peace. However a certain girl seemed to become the turbulent waves in his sea, crashing against his boat till it sunk to oblivion. 

He despised the fact that she showed up in his dreams mainly for the reason that he didn't know why. After Neil had pestered him on why his brooding older brother had turned into Mr.Sunshine, the only possible answer he could think of was her.

Akshara.

He knew she was beautiful since he could appreciate beauty but what he didn't understand was why she left him breathless at times. Unfortunately it was what his heart could understand but his mind couldn't register. 

***

"Bhaiya, idhere aao" Akshara called, as she fiddled with the earring in her hand struggling to put it on. "Laal ka dupatta bhi lao"

Kairav heaved a sigh as he snatched a red dupatta and brought it towards his sister and made sure to tie it around her neck.

"Are you trying to kill me" Akshara choked as Kairav playfully pulled both the sides of her dupatta, pushing the walls of her throat closer together. She shoved a laughing Kairav away and corrected its placement on her white punjabi suit she was dressed in. "Tum ek bache hain aur tum shaadi kar raha hain?"

"Shut up Akshu" He whined and she walked towards him. "Most of the elders are already gossiping about the fact that I'm getting married before my younger sisters"

She giggles at this, "bhaiya you know that shaadi and gossiping aunties come as a package"

"But they are right to some extent" Kairav mumbles and Akshara places a hand on her hip, "Tum aur Aru shaadi karanee hain"

"Main bhaag jaoonga aur ek mandir mein shaadi karoonga" She giggles as Kairav's eyes widen and quickly adds, "Just kidding bhai don't worry, I'll spend all your money for my grand wedding"

He seems to be relatively calm down at this and they both make their way to the site of the wedding and wedding functions. Kairav wanted to introduce Akshara and Hina properly since they barely got time to speak after the Tilak.

"Where is she?" Akshara bounces on her feet, and deep laugh from behind her loots her attention. Once she comes face to face, she lets out a gasp of recognition "Tum!"

"Haan" Abhimanyu says as she points an accusing finger towards him. It doesn't take long before he realizes that they aren't alone and turns his scrutiny towards Kairav. 

"I heard that you were planning to take Hina on a date before the wedding" He accuses and Kairav widens and mutters a few inaudible objections. "Kitne besharam hain" 

Kairav shakes his head at Abhimanyu's playful taunts and they both of them are about to end the act as Abhimanyu takes a step forward to slap Kairav's back amicably before Akshara who hadn't caught on to their joke lets out a gasp filled with fury.

"Oye" She says as she steps between them before continuing to point her finger towards him in a threatening manner. "tum kaun hain savaal poochne ka?"