pareshaan

Abhimanyu feels his blood turn cold and the sight of Akshara unconcious in his arms, he knew he should have never let her go. He holds her close to him and presses a soft kiss to her hair before looking to his side to see Ritvik standing over Aravind's unconcious body. 

Surprisingly, he had Ritvik to thank for getting Akshara out of this and as much as he hated it, he was thankful that they had reached in time. 

*flashback*

As soon as Akshara had left Abhimanyu had tried distracting himself, but was always drawn back to her letting his worries resurface. Finally making up his mind, he decided to stop by the studio to just check on her from a distance before making his way to the hospital. As he was wearing his coat, the doorbell rang and to his astonishment, Ritvik stood outside drenched in the rain with a painstricken expression. 

"Akshara kidhere hain?" Ritvik demanded, pushing him aside as he made his way inside their house. Anger surged through his veins but made sure to keep himself in control. He wanted nothing but to smash his head against the door, but the thought of Akshara hating him for it made him decide against it. 

The nerve this stranger had to even walk into his house uncalled for and demand to know where his wife was? 

" I suggest you leave before I have to use my own ways to make you leave" Abhimanyu says, his voice in control but the flaring anger was evident in his eyes. 

Ritvik's face falls at the threat and his body sags and he tells Abhimanyu about Akshara and Aravind's interactions and how he had come to tell her about Aravind's intentions but had not been able to reach her number. 

The ride to the studio had been the most nerve wrecking thing in his whole entire life, never had he felt this scared about anything in his life. he didn't know what he'd do with himself if something happened to her

***

The police reach seconds later and Ritvik explains the situation and Abhimanyu fills in Akshara's details and makes sure that Aravind gets served with his deserved punishment. In that moment Abhimanyu had wanted to kill him, but as his eyes sought out Akshara - nothing seemed more important than her to him. 

The police had asked the both of them to stop by after Akshara had regained her concious and was in a fit condition to narrate what had happened before taking away Aravind. Abhimanyu scoops up Akshara into his arms and carries her bridal style and feels her stir in his arms. He had immediately checked her pulse as soon as she fell into his arms and let out a sigh of relief but he was still worried for any injuries. 

The hospital sounded like the best place but he knew how terrified she would feel to be surrounded by the hospital equipment as soon as she opened her eyes especially considering her hate for wards in the hospital. So he decided to take her home and treat her, he would rush her to the hospital if anything severe happened but for now their home seemed to be the best place. 

Ritvik had drove them home, as Abhimanyu sat in the back with Akshara wrapped in his arms. Now he had a newly sense of paranoia and wasn't willing to let go of her for even a second. 

** flashback ends**

As soon as he placed her in his bed, it took her a couple of minutes before her eyes fluttered open. He had been there as soon as she had woken up and his heart pained once he saw the fear in her big doe eyes, which were once were filled with warmth and serenity. 

He wordlessly handed her a few painkillers and she gulped them down, they had certainly helped her pounding headache. However, memories from before flashed through her head and her lip quivered as tears threatened to fall. 

"Akshara, look at me" Abhimanyu says slowly, as he inched closer to her. She was sitting upright against the headboard with her legs up on the bed and he had sat on the edge, making sure he was close to her but allowing her space. "You're okay"

She nods, not looking up at him, embarassed at the tears that streaked her skin. Had she really been that gullible to trust someone like Aravind and weak enough where she couldn't defend herself? 

As if he read her mind, he hesitantly takes her hand into his and firmly assures her, "You are incredibly strong even the way you escaped. Don't ever think otherwise"

She finally met his eyes, she knew she had evaded a dire reality due to her luck of Abhimanyu showing up, she didn't even want to imagine what would have happened if he didn't. And as she gazes into his eyes, she feels safe. 

Her tears streaked face and the tears welled up in her eyes break something in him, that without thinking about the outcome of his actions he wraps an arm around her neck and pulls her in for a hug which she surprisingly reciprocates by burying her face into his shoulder. He doesn't know how long they stay like that but are rudely interupted by a couple of knocks on their door, Akshara audibly flinches and leans into him more. 

Grasping that it was probably Ritvik outside, Abhimanyu gives him the signal to come in and Akshara looks up confused. Much to Abhimanyu's annoyance, Ritvik rushes to her side immediately and wastes no time in pulling her into a hug. Thankfully, she doesn't reciprocate and merely pats his back as she's still confused on what's hes doing here and how abhimanyu knows about him since she's never really mentioned him much. 

At her expression, Ritvik goes into an in depth explanation and Abhimanyu moves closer towards Akshara, a feeling of unplaceble possesiveness coming over him. 

After Ritvik's long explanation which mostly consisted of Ritvik's feelings throughout the whole ordeal, Abhimanyu could see that Akshara's exhaustion and decided to intervene, "Akshara you should rest, sleep on tonight okay"

his gentle tone filled with concern and care helped ease her worries and it led her to yearn for his presence around her. she nodded as Abhimanyu turned to Ritvik, "You can take a guest room, if you would like or i could send a car to take you home"

Abhimanyu was really hoping that Ritvik would take the latter option and leave but instead Ritvik glanced at Akshara leading her to speak up, "Actually I think it would be best if you stayed here for the night plus we have the police thing in the morning too"

A sharp pang of hurt hits Abhimanyu, he had forgotten the close bond Ritvik and Akshara shared contrast to the distant one the both of them shared. He imagined that Akshara trusted Ritvik more than him and might even feel more comfortable to express her feelings to Ritvik rather than him. 

****

poor abhi but soon a few of his misconceptions will be cleared! 

also jealous abhi loading 😚 ❤️❤️

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT