kaam

He doesn't realize how easy they fall in sync with one another,  and he at times catches himself wishing he was home rather than in his cabin sorting through files. 

They hadn't become closer to each other but they've had their fair share of conversations mainly resulting in playful banter. However he had become accustomed to living with her, she had brought so much warmth and comfort into his home he was afraid he might even let her in. 

He walks into their living and sees her talking on the phone with obvious distress, her fingers massaging her temples and her brows are pushed together. He overhears one word from her conversation and it's enough to ruin his whole week. 

Rithvik

That's enough for him to give her privacy and makes his way to his own room, he throws his suit onto his bed with an uneccessary amount of force causing it to hit his side table leading to a lamp to fall over. 

He couldn't care less however, as he paces around his room trying to get rid of his sudden anger. It doesn't take him too long however as he collapses into his loveseat chair in the corner of his room as feelings of embarrassment overtake him for reasons unknown to him. 

Maybe because a part of you thought there might be more between the two of you, a nagging side of his brain reminds him. 

He pushes these thoughts away, reminding himself that in his life there was no room for love, simply because he didn't believe in its existence. He believes that most people are infatuated with one another and simply name it as love and before they know it their so called love disappears. 

He locks himself in his room for the next couple of hours working through files and setting up meetings and conferences ━ busywork which he usually hands off to someone else. 

As he marks up a couple of sheets and takes important notes on a patient's mental health status a strong urge for coffeee engulfs him, he heads downstairs hoping that he wouldn't bump into her but to no avail as her perfume lingers around him as soon as he enters the kitchen. 

"I made you coffee" She states, pushing a cup towards him on the kitchen island. There's a bit of hopefulness in her tone which he shuts down rudely. 

"I make my own coffee" He states and moves past her, she turns to him confused. 

"I think i made it how you like it, i mean i've seen you make your coffee like ten times already and it's not that hard either" She says, a hand placed on her hip as she leans against the countertop. 

"I can make it myself, I don't need you to do anything" He says coldly, "In fact, I think we should start making our own dinner"

He says it without thinking and it hits him the next second that she told him she can't cook at all, he's about to correct his mistake but she doesn't give him any time too. 

"Sure" She answers and he turns to her,  she's hurt and he can tell. "I've been learning to cook during my free time from the studio. I think it's better this way"

"Good" He replies, before pouring his coffee from the kettle into his cup and moving past her towards the staircase. 

She doesn't know what to make of his cold demeanor. She observes her cup of coffee on the island, she's tempted to take a sip even though she knows she hates coffee to her core. She pulls the cup towards her but sighs before she pours it down the drain. 

Abhimanyu was very hard to decipher, however she didn't have the time to worry about him right now. 

As if on cue, her phone rang again coming from the same caller. "Rithvik bolo"

"Akshu I don't know what to do"

"I know it's hard but did you at least talk to him" She sighs, "Mujhe kya bola woh sab tumara papa ko bolo, ab easy hoga"

"Lekin tum aur meri papa bahut alag hain" He reasons, "Tum itne samajhdar hain, woh nahi hain"

"Try kar please" She pleads, he was a close friend of hers. Someone important and she wasn't going to let a small ego tiff lead to him becoming homeless. "Or wait for me, I'll find you"

She quickly grabs her discarded purse on the couch and strews it across her chest before running out. 

He observes as the sky darkens and grows worried as he doesn't hear a sound of her arrival, one of the workers in his house had informed him of her leave but it was several hours later and there was still no sign of her. 

As watches the rain particles outside his window, a car pulls up and out of it Akshara and an unknown man leaves. It doesn't take him too long to assume that this stranger was possibly Rithvik. His first thought is to run outside with an umbrella for her, but he holds himself back knowing that he would further complicate whatever situation was playing below him. 

With a clenched fist he watches her place her hand over the other mans shoulder as a sign of comfort before motioning him to sit in the car. She whispers something to the driver and a couple of minutes later the car is out of sight. 

He knows he shouldn't but he can't help it as he grabs an umbrella and runs outside, she doesn't notice him coming up behind her till the click of the umbrella opening startles her. She jumps slightly towards him and as she meets his determined gaze her knees grow weak. 

"Why were you out?" He asks slowly, wanting an answer to his various questions, but as she replies his heart falls. 

"studio kaam pe baar gaye"

***

this is going to be a slowburn between abhira and fear not there won't be a third angle romance factor or anything as neither Akshara or Abhimanyu will harbour any feelings of love towards another person than each other, but there might be a bit of third angle drama to push abhira closer together!

VOTE AND COMMENT PLS IT KEEPS ME MOTIVATED